McKesson Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKesson Operations Manager Interview Questions

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Detailed interview process that can last up to 9 rounds. It helps to know someone in McKesson because resumes go into a black hole. Interviews are generally 30-minutes each, so plan stories and questions accordingly. A good question I asked extended the interview 20 minutes -- DO YOUR RESEARCH.

Negotiation

Fairly straightforward with positive results.

Other Interview Reviews for McKesson

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Livonia, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

Met first with direct manager then with 2 senior personnel. Pretty Standard questions for a mid level management position. Told up front about low output from long term employees. There was a drug test as well

Interview Questions

• How would you handle upset employee
      How would you motivate staff
      How would you handle long term employees that are not motivated
      How have you handled employee complaints in the past
      Can you deal with emotional direct reports   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, they made an offer and I countered and it was accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McKesson (Honolulu, HI) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview process was pretty standard with company recruiter making plans. Consisted of a couple phone screens and interviews, then in person interviews. Company paid for travel to location for final in person interviews. Employees seemed to enjoy working for McKesson and positive about the direction of the organization. Had to turn down the offer due to low salary and minimal relocation.

Interview Questions

Salary was on the low end given the cost of living. I got the impression most employees at the location are not paid well considering McKesson is a top 15 company and the location is one of most expensive places in the US. Relocation was lump sum that would only cover basic movers but did not include the benefits you would expect from a major employer (home sale, realtor commission, closing costs, new home purchase, etc were not covered). Hard to pass a job in Hawaii but didn't want to be so poor I couldn't afford to enjoy it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKesson (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2011.

Interview

I had a phone interview prior to this interview. I was flown to the Phx location on their dime and given a rental car. The interview was not difficult, the personnel on the panel were prompt, courteous and positive. This was one of the most relaxed and pleasant interviews I have ever had. I did not get this position as they went with another candidate. However, they called me back to let me know of their choice. That way I wasn't waiting by the phone wondering. Good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McKesson (Honolulu, HI) in September 2011.

Interview

I recieved a call for a phone interview within a week and a half. I have now been scheduled for a pending interview on site with the Human Resource Manager and current Operations Manager.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

First round interviews were on campus and the questions were all behavioral based. Second round interviews were done at the branch that you would be working for. The company really believes in what they do and the impact they have on people's lives.