McKesson Quality Assurance Analyst III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Quality Assurance Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coraopolis, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKesson (Coraopolis, PA) in September 2010.

Interview

I submitted my resume online through their website. I received a call from HR to do the first level of screening within a week or two. The HR representative was very friendly. She forwarded my resume to the hiring manager. I recieved an e-mail from the hiring manager inviting me in for an interview within a week. I interviewed with the hiring manager and her superior for about an hour and a half. We discussed the business process, job roles and responsibilities. I had a second interview/discussion with the hiring manager over the phone about a week later and she told me to expect a call from HR. I received the offer verbally within a week, and the paperwork within another week. I accepted and completed the drug screen process and awaited the completion of the background check to confirm a start date. The background check company they use did not understand my education credentials and employment history and contacted me many times to verify Company Names, Schools, Dates, Salaries, etc. After two weeks of waiting for the background check to be complete, I was contacted by the HR representative who advised they would be rescinding the offer due to disparites identified during the background check process. She advised they would be sending out a summary of the report McKesson received from their background check vendor and if the disparities were in error, I could contact the background check company to dispute them.

Interview Questions

• What challenges have you faced in working with an on-site/off-shore QA model and what have you done to overcome them?   1 Answer
  • What tools do you use currently to manage the testing process?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the terms of employment, salary, vacation and benefits. I was presented with a very high offer and was very excited about the position.

I think McKesson still seems like a great company to work for, especially the Pharmacy Group I was going to work with directly. However, I would advise the background check process is a little shady, and I don't think there is much anyone can do about that. After I was notified of the offer being recinded, I looked up the background check company and found out they have been sued many times for supplying erroneous data to their clients [employers] causing candidates to lose job offers. Its unfortunate, but it doesn't seem like I could have done anything differently to change or prevent it.