McKesson Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

55 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It took me 6 months. Slow process. Met with about 6 people in person and 3-4 people ver the phone.
    Use outside recruiter as well and 2 HR people.

Foundation Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

In person with the Department lead. They should have done a phone screen. I was missing qualifications I was unaware of. The Interviewer was one of the most foul and insincere people I have ever met with. It was a really negative experience. Once she didn't need anything from me, it was a bad experience. I felt lucky that it didn't work out. Absolutely awful. It was a waste of time.

Process Improvement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

First you have a phone with recruiter, then the hiring manager will set you up with an in person with all the team. Last is doing a full on case study

Interview Questions

• Why McKesson. And a detailed case study   1 Answer

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Internal so it was done both onsite and via webex. Very easy process. Managed entirely by TA. Traveled to San Fran and London which was a great experience. Took a little over a month and 7 different interviews but was very well managed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were given a project and it didn't go as planned and how did you handle the setback?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

A third-party recruiter I had been working with contacted me about this position and stated that the hiring had already seen my resume and that he liked it. I had a phone interview on Monday, in-person interview with 3 people (separately) on Wednesday, and an offer on Friday. It was a very standard interview and there were no questions that were too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about my skills and how I deal with others. There was a modeling interview I was unprepared for but it was really easy.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Fairly quick process once I was screened by the HR recruiter. Met with hiring manger, 2
     Peers. After I cleared that round, phone screen & then the Bu Controller

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions on background and experiences. Really looking for a well rounded, good speaking manager. Also, MCK looks for 'player/coach' roles or working managers. Not bad per se as long as you are good rolling up sleeves.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Second face-to-face interview consisting of three consecutive 30 minute interviews with different members of the project management team followed by a one hour case study and presentation activity. As with the first face-to-face interview, this one did not start on time. Had to wait in the lobby for nearly 15 minutes before someone showed up to bring me inside. No one seemed to know what was the next step in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to cope with tight or strict deadlines.   Answer Question
    • Give me a time when you had to convey bad news.   1 Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There were multiple phone interviews and several in person interviews. Total was close to 6 trips to the McKesson building. A very ridiculous process. There is too much growth in the company for them to keep track of what is going on, the right hand never knows what the left is doing.

Interview Questions

• They asked about experience with financial systems, SAP / SQL / Excel, etc   Answer Question

Help Desk Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was swift and to the point. I received a call from a recruiter the day after submitting my resume for a phone interview. 2 Days later, I was called back for a face to face interview with both managers. After Background check and drug screening, I was offered the position and started the first day of the next month.

Interview Questions

• If we hire you, what will you need from us?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was relatively straight forward. First I had a phone screening with one of the staff (who later became my boss), then I had a panel interview with 4 other members of the department. Finally, I had an interview with the Senior director of the department.