McKesson Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKesson Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Broomfield, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

There were three stages to the interview process (this was for a mid-level position):
1. A one hour technical phone interview with senior/lead engineers.
2. A programming project to be completed on your own time. It should take about 6-8 hours to finish.
3. A three hour on site interview with the engineering director and the lead engineers. They use this time to ask about your thought process for your programming solution as well as discuss any concerns either side might have.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for when conducting a code review?
    How would you handle a conflict of design ideas with a team member?
    What is your favorite design pattern and why?
    When would you use constructor injection?
    In what situation would you use mocking?
    What computer science concepts have helped you in your career?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McKesson

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I had phone interview with them. They scheduled time for second interview and never called. Haven't heard from them ever since. No replies of email or calls. Worst recruiting experience.
    This was for their newly acquired RelayHealth.

Interview Questions

• My interests, experience, and skills. They emailed me for which position am I looking to intern for.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson in January 2016.

Interview

I am graduating with a BS in CS in May, interviewing for entry level Software Engineer 1 position. Completed two non technical phone interviews about my resume then three technical phone interview. Easy and friendly interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

There was one phone interview, and then just one on-site interview. There were no technical questions, only behavioral questions about what I was interested in and my programming experience. It was a very casual interview and low pressure for my first internship, which was awesome. The interview was with the manager so I got to know right away who I'd be working for.

Interview Questions

• What software experience have you learned in your classes?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hadley, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKesson (Hadley, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Had a one hour technical interview with 4 team members, of whom I would work with if I were hired. Then I sat with the branch director for a half an hour, then 2 of the managers for a half an hour, asking high level project and personal questions. Interview went very smoothly

Interview Questions

• Find errors in this code, and improve any algorithms you can.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKesson.

Interview

The whole process lasted for a month and a half. I interviewed with 2 team leaders over the phone then interviewed with a hiring manager. We talked more about C#, Java, .Net and Agile/Scrum.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a lot of questions regarding agile and scrum   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Implement a Queue using a stack. Win32 API questions, Red black trees, What is LPARAM, WPARAM. How would you describe yourself ? Do you like working in a team/by yourselves? Biggest challenge you faced, strengths and weaknesses ?

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Initially had an on campus interview scheduled online which led to an office tour / interview at the company. The tour was informative but long. Lunch was provided and I interviewed with the same employee I interviewed with the first time as well as one other person. They asked similar questions to the first interview's questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheeling, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKesson (Wheeling, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

When I appied this position, they didn't offer sponsorship for F1 students. During the phone interview, I was not asked professional questions. Most questions were based on my resume. Recruiter asked me talked about my work experience and what my duties were. They didn't sponsor H1B VISA, in that time but recruiter said she would put me in waiting list. They may offer later. I don't know if she put me in the list or just euphemise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McKesson (Emeryville, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview went really well.
    A simple programming test and 4 -5 1:1 interviews after that. Overall they concentrated more on the technical skills and the experience. Also, there was some emphasis on what they are expecting from you/what their future plans are...
    One awesome from the office. Looks like office culture is very friendly in nature.

Interview Questions

• questions about any scripting language I was comfortable with... they asked me about c# basics   Answer Question