McKinley, Inc. Leasing Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKinley, Inc. Leasing Consultant Interview Questions

2.3

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Leasing Consultant Interview

Interview

I can't even get an interview. ..says automatic feedback. How does a computer know?
I've applied for several positions over the months. I can make a solid contribution to this company. Very disappointed

Interview Questions

• On the website. ...what was a big selling point in your career   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for McKinley, Inc.

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at McKinley, Inc. (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the property manager, the assistant property manager, HR, the regional director, and the sales director. I completed an online application and answered a few essay questions. I completed a drug screening and background check before an offer was extended.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to meet a goal at work? What was the goal and what steps did you take to meet it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinley, Inc. (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The start of the interviewing went great with the emails from HR answering questions. The face to face was a unprofessional experience where I took off time from work in order to attend the interview then the employer claimed to have a emergency within minutes of me being there..She asked If I reschedule or wait which i opted to wait. She then called the manager at that location advising she had to reschedule. I received an email that afternoon to come in the following morning which I couldn't so I asked to see if Monday would work best. The interview time had passed and still no answer so the I had to follow up myself with another email. Finally after hearing back with the time of the interview the employer arrived 15 minutes passed time she mentioned and immediately started with questions upon asking the manager sitting at the desk to leave.

Interview Questions

• what was your most diffucult experience and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McKinley, Inc. (Champaign, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Initial communication came from the corporate office in Michigan. I had a short phone interview with an HR person who then told me that she would give my information to the Leasing Director at the property at which I had applied. I received a phone call the next day from the Director & we set up an in-person interview for the next morning.

The interview was fairly informal. We went over what was listed on my resume and talked about my qualifications. The Director also gave me information about the property and what projects they currently had going. We also discussed salary and commission, as well as, working hours. I would say the in-person interview took about 30-40 minutes. We shook hands and I left with a smile on my face. I was very optimistic about being offered the job, as I was very qualified for the position I had applied for - Senior Sales Associate.

The next day, I received a phone call from the Leasing Director with a job offer. After I said I was very excited to accept, she then explained to me that they didn't feel I was "qualified" to be a Senior Sales Associate, so they wanted to offer me a position as a Leasing Consultant. It was not salary and paid a little bit less than Senior Sales, but I was promised to be promoted within a couple of months after I had learned the "McKinley way." I still accepted with the understanding that I would be promoted and that I would be sufficiently trained to prepare me for my promotion. Unfortunately, neither of those promises were kept and I left the company after working there for about 3 months.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a distressed resident?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really was no "negotiation." I was told that I was not being offered the position I had originally applied for and that they could only offer me a position one step lower. I was promised training and a promotion, but that was not something that they followed through with after I started.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McKinley, Inc. (Miami, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online and met at the property where I applied not too long after. Introduced myself to the property manager then met with the floating sales director for a 1:1 interview. The next day I met the senior regional director for a final interview after which I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Taylor, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinley, Inc. (Taylor, MI) in February 2011.

Interview

Applied online and followed up with a phone interview. Interview with the Regional Sales Director went well, very high energy manager with nothing but great things to say about the company. Second interview was with the community manager in which I connected with right off the bat! They do a background check and a drug screen which is great!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations at all- pretty cut and dry

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinley, Inc. (Ann Arbor, MI) in May 2008.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward. Asked me about my past sales experience and also experience working in the office with other people. It was no longer than 30 minutes and was told that I had the job.