McKinney Interview Questions in Durham, NC | Glassdoor

McKinney Interview Questions in Durham, NC

3.1

Media Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at McKinney (Durham, NC).

Interview

Interview process included an initial HR phone call, video interview, and then Skype interviews with members of different teams. The internship program allows one applicant can apply to multiple teams. Had interviews with both media planning and project management teams.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinney (Durham, NC).

Interview

I went in for several interview over the course of a couple days. All were in person with people I'd be directly working with across all departments. Everyone was pretty friendly. I have a feeling it was more of a personality check than a skills check.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths, what are your weaknesses, what is your favorite ad campaign, etc. So fairly standard and straightforward interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinney (Durham, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I spoke on the phone with people for about 3 hours total. I spoke to 3 different people and it was one of the best interviews of my life. I was actually laughing on the phone with them. They took great care to make sure I had all my questions answered.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McKinney (Durham, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

Met with various departments who asked me questions about my experience and knowledge of working in an agency environment, understanding of managing and coordinating creative work and the different PM softwares and tools that I had used.

Interview Questions

• What was the most interesting project that you have worked on?   1 Answer

Art Direction Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McKinney (Durham, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

I had already interned at McKinney once before this interview process so it was relatively easy. You meet with 2/3 people in your relative field and it is a more "tell us about yourself" interview. They find a quiet place in the agency and have a honest conversation. The employees seem like they are really trying to get a read on you which is nice. Just present yourself as someone who they want to hire and you should make a impression.

Freelance Talent Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McKinney (Durham, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

Met with four people (on three separate interviews) on Talent Coordination team. All were extremely nice and welcoming. Office space is amazing and conducive to creativeness. Company seems to have exciting opportunities and clients. Employees seem happy and enjoy working there. The campus is on American Tobacco campus, which has great restaurants, cafes and open areas.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I was prepared to be managed. (I have owned my own business for several years).   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McKinney (Durham, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was mostly positive. All of the up-front interviews were handled via Skype or phone. All of those went well (despite some tech difficulties). The in-person interviews went very well, too. My very cursory in-person meeting with my eventual boss should have been a warning sign, though. It was a colleague, not my future boss, who took me to lunch on that "face-to-face" day. It was awkward and strange to have an interview lunch with someone who I wouldn't report to. I finally met with my future boss for a very brief 5 minutes at the very end of the full interview day. There was no real conversation, questions, etc. Just a little chit chat.

Agency Communications Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McKinney (Durham, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

I had spoken with multiple people in the agency which basically got the through the first round and into interviews. Interviewed with two different people that I would potentially be working with. Both were very nice and they let me know when I would be informed about their decision. One of them gave a short tour for me and it looks like an awesome place to work.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult but they really want to know if your heart is set on the job.   Answer Question

Intern (Mtern) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at McKinney (Durham, NC) in August 2012.

Interview

I got my interview based on a personal connection from one of my professors at school. Ordinarily, you obtain an interview by way of applying at their website, but in any case, the interview took place on-site, and was proctored in a sort of take-a-tour and ask questions way. I interviewed with not only my boss, but also the director he works under, and it was very casual, focusing on personal life and goals, as well as the culture of the company. They are simply trying to figure out if you are reliable, creative, and to the best of their ascertaining, talented. McKinney is a wonderful, wonderful company to work for, so if you are fortunate enough to get the position, take full advantage of the opportunity!

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions on my interviews, only that they try to understand how you think. Make sure to be articulate, informed about McKinney projects and success stories, and be well-versed in the culture. DO NOT dress up for the interviews -- it would be very awkward to seem overly-dressy for the interview, since it is a casual and creative environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You must exchange the internship for college credit. They have a sort of orientation thing where they set up your computer and get you familiar with the process and the office. How much time you spend in the office is between you and your boss (you'll want to spend time in the space, though, because it's incredible!), but be forewarned that they require 15 hours per week at minimum.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at McKinney (Durham, NC) in March 2011.

Interview

The first interview session I met with two women 1:1- the woman in charge of internships and a women on their talent management team. When I got called back to the second interview session I met with with people from the account that I wanted to work on. Conversation was casual- they were both extremely easy to talk to- no questions that were out of the blue- Whats my favorite brand? What is my favorite commercial right now? Why did I want to intern with McKinney? Why did I want to work no that specific account, etc.