McKinsey & Company APD Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

APD Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Detroit, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. While the test was difficult, there were no surprises. McKinsey provides a thorough overview on it's website of what's expected. I'm at a university where they recruit. After we found out that we passed the test and made it to the second round, a helpful review sessions was offered on campus. The second round was also straight forward: 2 cases, each with a different consultant. The cases weren't really all that difficult, but structuring your response is key.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a difficult situation when leading a group?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

APD Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

Standard APD process, applied to Insight made finalist (ie had phone interveiw) but did not make the final cut (they told me they had 60 equally qualified and started choosing based on Ivy status). Had PST which was admittedly more vague than the practice tests are online. Usually I could narrow down to 1 or 2 responses but the real PST has many questions which I had to guess among 3 or more responses. Group interviews were standard with feedback mostly consisting of "go deeper in thought connections" and "be client/case specific." 2nd round interview was held in Phili. Nice office, a little less structured than prevouisly in regards to general directions given once inside the office. Mostly, hung around with other candidates for 15 minutes before interviews started. 1st inteview went fine, had a fellow APD interview me and he suggested to be calm in second interview. 2nd interview was a lot harder and the MBA didn't seem to like my flow of thought. Had me change my structure 1, 2, 3 to go in 3, 2, 1 order and kept giving me responses like "I do have information on that but lets save it for later." In the end no offer.

Interview Questions

• Had me change my structure 1, 2, 3 to go in 3, 2, 1 order and kept giving me responses like "I do have information on that but lets save it for later." In the end no offer.   Answer Question