McKinsey & Company Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKinsey & Company Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2017

3.8

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

I applied online and heard back 3 weeks later. I was given 48 hours (recommended) to 7 days take the SHL test. Very intense test if you don't make time to prepare adequately for it. Content is easy but you have to work on your time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Full process took 3 months. 1 round Hr interview, asking experience, 1 round online test about verbal and math skill, 2 round tech interview, very wide range questions, 1 case interview (I have no finance/business background, thought I might fail, but passed unexpectively), 1 final interview asking everything, i.e. previous experience, behavior, scenario questions, puzzle, skill set, future career path, personality, very detail but not difficult.

Interview Questions

• Basic data related technical questions; classic case study, help a company to handle challenges from new competitor; typical behavior questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Met recruiter from McKinsey Solutions at an on campus career fair and she followed up with a phone screen. Took an online assessment test and had a phone interview with a manager. Next interview was a 3 hour Skype interview. It consisted of 3 case interviews and 3 PEIs. Went well enough despite the couple seconds of lag time on their videoconferencing software. No offer, was told this was because my stories in the PEI section "weren't strong enough", which was frustrating to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a conflict with another team member.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

There was an IQ style multiple choice test asking to analyze different short cases, followed by two case interviews with two different people. The case interview had to do with increasing sales of a company that was suffering for declining sales.

Analyst Interview

Interview

good grilling process ,with technical written along with case studies.one of a kind of interviews,one would rarely experience.
    3 written tests along with 3 rounds of interviews of which 2 technical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

After applying online I received call from HR Manager within two working days. She then sent me link to case interview study material. After 5 weeks she scheduled my further interview. Evening before my interview she called me to tell that interview may not be case interview. It was kind of late to give this kind of information because I was already knee deep into studying case interview and had not really thought about any other kind of questions. On the day of interview manager called me 15 minutes late. Interview was not case interview. It was like any other normal interview. It caught me off-guard. After hardly ten minutes and breaking my speech in between interviewer ended the interview.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in October 2009.

Interview

The interview process at McKinsey was extremely professional. Everyone I was in contact with gave me immediate feedback and were open to helping me in any way. The interview process is long and tiresome and the cases are challenging but it was a very good experience overall.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Very professional with varied questions. Two consecutive 45 minute interviews in which a case was tackled and cultural fit questions were asked. I found it difficult to determine the interviewers' levels of interest as they were not candid with their emotions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you were faced with conflict and were able to apply leadership skills in order to resolve it   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

very smooth process and did not take much time as well. It was definitely a wonderful experience.The interviewers were not scary at all. There were 3 rounds of interview including technical and HR rounds.
    The overall experience was very good and had brain storming sessions as well.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Firstly they came to our college and showed a 15 min ppt on the company and our job post. Then we had an aptitude test in form of an MCQ. Candidates who cleared this were selected for the interview process.