McKinsey & Company Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

3.8

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

You start with an SAT style test with questions you have not seen since high school. Then you have an short interview with local staff person. The local staff were very nice and professional. It goes downhill once you have to have a second interview with a staff member in NYC. The NYC staff are very arrogant and condescending. They don't believe a single thing you say and make snide comments about what you say. Hardly discussed the job and were extremely hostile during the process.

Interview Questions

• Why do keep renewing your professional license?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

I applied online and heard back 3 weeks later. I was given 48 hours (recommended) to 7 days take the SHL test. Very intense test if you don't make time to prepare adequately for it. Content is easy but you have to work on your time.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Full process took 3 months. 1 round Hr interview, asking experience, 1 round online test about verbal and math skill, 2 round tech interview, very wide range questions, 1 case interview (I have no finance/business background, thought I might fail, but passed unexpectively), 1 final interview asking everything, i.e. previous experience, behavior, scenario questions, puzzle, skill set, future career path, personality, very detail but not difficult.

Interview Questions

• Basic data related technical questions; classic case study, help a company to handle challenges from new competitor; typical behavior questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

intense, there were multipul phases requring me to return for several days. There was a case that was presented in the first day- was asked to solve it on the spot. was not expecting to do so..

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Met recruiter from McKinsey Solutions at an on campus career fair and she followed up with a phone screen. Took an online assessment test and had a phone interview with a manager. Next interview was a 3 hour Skype interview. It consisted of 3 case interviews and 3 PEIs. Went well enough despite the couple seconds of lag time on their videoconferencing software. No offer, was told this was because my stories in the PEI section "weren't strong enough", which was frustrating to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a conflict with another team member.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

There was an IQ style multiple choice test asking to analyze different short cases, followed by two case interviews with two different people. The case interview had to do with increasing sales of a company that was suffering for declining sales.

Analyst Interview

Interview

good grilling process ,with technical written along with case studies.one of a kind of interviews,one would rarely experience.
    3 written tests along with 3 rounds of interviews of which 2 technical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

After applying online I received call from HR Manager within two working days. She then sent me link to case interview study material. After 5 weeks she scheduled my further interview. Evening before my interview she called me to tell that interview may not be case interview. It was kind of late to give this kind of information because I was already knee deep into studying case interview and had not really thought about any other kind of questions. On the day of interview manager called me 15 minutes late. Interview was not case interview. It was like any other normal interview. It caught me off-guard. After hardly ten minutes and breaking my speech in between interviewer ended the interview.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in October 2009.

Interview

The interview process at McKinsey was extremely professional. Everyone I was in contact with gave me immediate feedback and were open to helping me in any way. The interview process is long and tiresome and the cases are challenging but it was a very good experience overall.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Very professional with varied questions. Two consecutive 45 minute interviews in which a case was tackled and cultural fit questions were asked. I found it difficult to determine the interviewers' levels of interest as they were not candid with their emotions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you were faced with conflict and were able to apply leadership skills in order to resolve it   1 Answer