McKinsey & Company Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKinsey & Company Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

3.8

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in August 2008.

Interview

IT Analyst, Started with One hour skill test, Top performers called in first, Panel Interview. Job Offered on the spot ,if you impress them.

Interview Questions

• How would you like see yourself in Five years( Justify)   Answer Question
  • What was the most difficult issue you resolved and how.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in October 2010.

Interview

Applied as an APD candidate after they came to my school. Didn't think I would get past the application screen because of my unconventional work experience. However, got called in for the IWIA in jersey city. Did the early session: Got there at 9, sat down for the exam, which was ok. The breakout sessions were really helpful in getting me into the case mindset as I had never done such an interview before. This probably showed.

Interview Questions

• case interview was a semiconductor business that faced a decision whether to move into circuit board business.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Prague (Czech Republic)) in March 2010.

Interview

After my CV was selected I was invited to sit a test in the office. It is the classic test very similiar to the one on the web page. I passed and got invited to interviews which are happening every month once. Interview day consists of 3 interviews with consultants in the morning and if you are sucessful, 2 interviews with partners in the afternoon. Interviews are 60% case study - very technical, 40 % CV and experience.

Interview Questions

• Calculate how much coil is needed in the plant according to its characteristics...   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in August 2008.

Interview

great communications with recruiters, testing was a bit challening, interview fast paced

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not able to negotitate

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in July 2010.

Interview

The company sent an email to specific students from the university, and upon submission of cover letter and resume, they got back to us inviting us to take their written problem solving test. They included a sample of the test (also posted on their website) to help us review for it, since it was quite difficult. You can also check out other consulting company websites for sample exams, but their styles vary. It helped doing them and reading their test-taking tips though, so be sure to go through them.
    During the test itself, I was with 4 other schoolmates in the room and we were given an hour to complete a 26-question test - roughly about 2 minutes per question (time management was essential). Tip: If the question seems to complicated to solve in 2 minutes, skip, then go back to it, or make an intelligent guess.
    I heard from them a week later, inviting me for Round 1 of interviews. They even sent a profile of my interviewers, which was pretty helpful because you get to know what to expect. Unfortunately, my first interviewer had to fly off to Jakarta the night before the interview, so we had a video conference interview. I think it made me nervous and I had a harder time thinking through things, because I couldn't really feel how the interviewer was reacting towards my responses. Besides having 1 personality type question, most of the time was spent on analyzing a case. Think through your answer first, don't be afraid to ask questions, and have a logical framework. I got thrown off because my interviewer kind of dismissed my initial points as irrelevant, but they're very helpful in helping you get through it.

My second interviewer was with a principal (10 years experience) in the company. She was also very nice about it, and very personable. Our interview went more smoothly and quickly, and I really enjoyed talking to her. Again, with the case she was really helpful. What I appreciated the most though, was that even though in the end they didn't take me, she was the one who personally called me back to inform me about their decision and even gave me feedback about what I could improve on based on the interviews I had. Having said that, given the opportunity, I'd definitely apply there again because of the great people that work there.

Interview Questions

• A CEO of a Russian alcohol distributor is planning to expand into alcohol production. What would be the factors you'd consider to see if he should pursue this idea?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in October 2009.

Interview

McKinsey invite people with advance degress from premier schools, the interviewing process consist of a DA/DI round followed by 2 case study session which accordin to them are just test processes but I personally believe they evaluate the candidates in this process. The result for the first round of interviews are declared the very next day.

Interview Questions

• The business case was regarding a wine 2 competing wine companies producing 3 class of wines in a given fictitious location. The aim is to achieve a 10% growth rate of one of the company.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in February 2010.

Interview

Submitted resume and coverletter. Resume needs to emphasise on significant leadership qualities and academic achievement with distiction. Hiring process includes 1 pst test and 3 interviews. I am now waiting to begin the process after being invited to the test.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Istanbul (Turkey)) in December 2008.

Interview

Interviewed at McKinsey's Istanbul HQ. First interviewer was quite kind. Brief background Q&A and then a P&L case about an electronics store. Second interviewer was tougher, probably going for a stress interview. Again a case about a mining company, to which I do not remember the details. They interview many people in two days so they rush the candidates a little bit.

Analyst Interview

Interview

very smooth process and did not take much time as well. It was definitely a wonderful experience.The interviewers were not scary at all. There were 3 rounds of interview including technical and HR rounds.
    The overall experience was very good and had brain storming sessions as well.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Firstly they came to our college and showed a 15 min ppt on the company and our job post. Then we had an aptitude test in form of an MCQ. Candidates who cleared this were selected for the interview process.