McKinsey & Company Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKinsey & Company Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

4.0

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Applied through the APD pathway and passed the resume screen to RI. RI consisted of two interviews at the regional office and RII consisted of three interviews at the office of choice. All interviews started with questions about a single leadership story/example and ended with a case. All five of my interviewers were incredibly sincere and engaging.

I had a wonderful experience with the recruiting process. I had to travel for both rounds of interviews and the logistics was easy and low-effort on my end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a team member. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Written interview then two rounds of case interviews. The written interview was math/logic related. Case interviews were in person in their Boston office. Overall very friendly interviewers invested in helping you understand the question and do the best you can.

Interview Questions

• Case study questions related to my background in economics   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in March 2020.

Interview

Applied on-line, the whole process took 3 months. first a case assessment, then 2 rounds of interviews, 1st round 2 interviews, 2nd round 3 interviews. Great experience, interviewers are helping you to get to the point and your reaction is very important. don't be afraid to make mistakes, if you can correct it quickly, it's also a very good performance.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Met with 2 different consultants. Each had a PEI question and a case, fairly straightforward process. PEI lasted for about 10 minutes and the case was the remaining 30 minutes for both.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince someone using data.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Boston, MA) in February 2020.

Interview

I was passed on to a final round interview with three partners based on my prior experience with the firm. Each interview had a short intro, a personal experience interview session and then a case. Everything was super relaxed and almost informal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time you influenced a colleague or boss   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in January 2020.

Interview

I was reached out by HR to schedule an interview (case study). The case was not as difficult as expected and lasted about 60 minutes. A minor calculation mistake was the reason I did not proceed to the next round, so be careful.

Associate Interview

Interview

I submitted an online form with resume and cover letter, and then get selected for a 60 minute multiple choice test. The test required some preparation beforehand and tested analysis ability.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Multiple consulting case studies, followed by behavioral interviews. Standard consulting case studies mostly interviewer lead. Behavioral interviews depend on the partner and office. You only get interview invites if you're from a target school

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Austin, TX) in August 2019.

Interview

Had 2nd round interview with EM. The overall experience was good. The interviewers were friendly and encouraging. Each interview lasted ~50 minutes, with 30-40 minutes devoted to case interview. The cases were not complex, but they expected a highly structured and exhausive framework for all questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. PEI: leadership and enterpreneurship stories
      2. case I: assess growth potential of a consumer product manufacturing company
      3. case II: help a city government make decision on infrastructure improvment   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

The interview was a typical case study based interview with fit portion to start the interview. I interviewed with multiple people ranging from engagement managers to partners. No surprises on interview day as McKinsey spends a lot of time with applicants preparing for the case study

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with a high performing team   1 Answer