McKinsey & Company Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 24, 2017

4.1

303 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The hiring process is super friendly. McK assigns a consultant to help all APD candidates to go through the recruiting process. The first round was two 45-minute one-on-one interviews, each with a PEI and a case; the final round was three.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you resolved a conflict within your team.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Miami, FL).

Interview

Case interviews. Be ready for anything, prepared to think out of the box. The answer is usually not the obvious one. Be creative and structured in your thought process. Look for clues from the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• How would you expedite income tax processing in Mexico?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

First stage 2 interviews by engagement managers. Second stage 3 interviews by partners. McKinsey gives offers on the same day/the day after the interview. The interview is a case and a behavioral part.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest achievement, a time you work in a team and it didn't go well, a time you influence others   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Remote, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

Finish an online test about verbal and quantitative test. After two weeks, HR schedule a phone interview about the resume questions. Then a phone interview of case analysis is scheduled.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

I had two interviews in my first round. Each had a behavioral interview section for 20 minutes and 30 min for a case question. Then there was a 10-minute break followed by the same repeated with a different interviewer. Each was a one on one. In both cases, the interviewer was very friendly and I had the impression they were trying to help me along.

Interview Questions

• In the behavioral questions I was asked:
      "Tell me about a time you managed a conflict in a team"
      "Tell me about a time you had to convince your boss of something"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very structured. There was a very specific flow of events---intros, personal fit questions, case, time for questions. The case was nothing unexpected, pretty much exactly how it's described in case interview prep materials.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

First round interviews at the Boston office - two cases, each about 45 minutes long. Was a typical management consulting interview, with about 15 minutes behavioral, 30 minutes cases. Did not have any trouble with the interview process, the recruiters were very nice and prompt.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied on the site, no cover letter required. On interview day I went through two rounds of interviews with two people. Both interviewers asked me a 'fit' question and led a case style interview. Because I messed up one portion of a case, I was not invited for a second round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Two-stage process, focusing on the case interview. First round was with a BA or Associate, second was with partners. Opens with a "fit" portion, then proceeds to the case portion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

Interview

Got through online assessment, but didn't pass the 1st round of interviews. They give very detailed instructions on the types of questions you get in the interview, and they all follow the script: two interviews, each 30 minutes. In each interview, 15 minutes was a behavioral interview, and another 15 was an interviewer-led case.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a challenge you encountered in your previous work and how you solved it   Answer Question