McKinsey & Company BA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKinsey & Company BA Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

4.0

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY).

Interview

PST, 2 1-hour on-campus interviews, 3 45 minute in-office interviews

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

BA Interview

Interview

First round of interview is 2 back to back Behavioral + Case, and PST. Only one behavioral question with each interviewer. Didn't have much follow up questions. But seem to be different depending on interviewer. Very friendly, def not stressful one. case is okay, but have detailed maths.

BA Interview

Interview

It is exactly how they describe it. First half is the PEI portion and second half is the case interview with math and creative questions. Go on their website under careers to learn more.

Interview Questions

• A time you dealt with a difficult team experience?   1 Answer

BA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview was the combination of seven events: first a written aptitude test that screened 80% of people, then two interviews with managers at the Firm, and finally four final round interviews with Partners if you passed the earlier two steps.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all high-level business questions - for example, profits are decreasing for Company X in industry Y, what would you look at?   Answer Question

BA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Applied online and HR reached out within a few weeks to schedule all tests and first rounds. HR was incredibly helpful and patient with my questions. After the first round they reached out the same day providing the feedback for the next round. All rounds had the same structure and tested the same concepts. This was an incredibly positive interview experience!

Interview Questions

• The first round consisted of three one hour interviews with different people back to back, each consisting of personal experience and a case study.   Answer Question

BA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)).

Interview

Passed the PST at first. Then had first round which consisted of 2 separate interviews.
    Each interview was made up of 30 minutes 'fit' questions - mostly about one prior experience. The second part, 30 minutes as well was about a case study

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a stressful experience and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

BA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in November 2011.

Interview

In Shanghai Office

1. analytical test- on reading, reasoning and basic math, paper based test
    2. English language test, conversation with employee
    3. first round interview, 2 sets, behavioral and case
    4. partner interview, 3 sets same setting

Interview Questions

• Dealing with difficult personality   2 Answers

BA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in January 2018.

Interview

I wasn't prepared, so I failed it. I would recommend preparing more before going there. Now I'm preparing to the second try. As I know, you need to solve at least 20-30 cases before going to the interview and it can take 4-5 weeks.