McKinsey & Company Business Presentation Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Business Presentation Specialist

McKinsey & Company Business Presentation Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

3.1

Business Presentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Chennai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

I walked in to the office during recruitment. The first round was a 5 minute screening asking me my education background and why i am interested in this position. The second round was a online exam with English, email writing, data interpretation etc. on clearing, third round was a power point presentation where a raw data is given and ppt has to be done according to the instructions. Fourth round was a 30 minute telephonic conversation round where u need to explain your education background in detail. They question each of your academic choice like can i know why you opted for a science background, If u r good at language i might suggest u becoming a good content writer or may i know y u opted engineering background after science group in school.. y not other streams.. the fifth and the final round was a 2 hour long interview where they go into detail of your resume, your skills, suitability to the job and questions on the power point u did in the third round. This interview is done by the manager u might probably work under. My advise is, don't boast or tell anything false. for example, when they ask your favorite author, u must be able to tell some of his books and the story of it. be cool.. They are really very friendly..

Interview Questions

• One of the major thing they look into is, whether you would stay in the job for long without opting for another. All their questions will surround this aspect.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Chennai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

There are totally five rounds.
    1. Inital screening by the HR.
    In this round the HR asked very simple, general questions about why I am planning on leaving my present job and how long is the notice period.
    After this there is a long PPT presentation by one of the HRs, elucidating on the role of the company and the position applied to.
    2. A verbal ability test on the computer.
    3. A power point presentation
    4. Telephonic interview for about 45 mins.
    5. Final face to face interview.
    The first three rounds took place on the same day. It was very appreciative of them to give coupons worth 100 Rupees to be used in the food court.
    The telephonic interview happened after 3 working days, I didn't get through it.

Interview Questions

• 1) What was the PPT that you worked on the third round was about?
      2) What is role you applied for? What would be your role in the company?
      3) What are your achievements in your previous job?
      4) How could you perform better if appointed?
      5) Explain about your present job and your duties.
      6) Why would you want to join McKinsey?   1 Answer

Business Presentation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in April 2017.

Interview

Really a great experience with the Premier corporate legend. Respecting the interview candidates, finishing the interview rounds within time are really awesome. They have proved that they are the no.1 leader.

Interview Questions

• About previous job experience, Why McKinsey, Why this role (BPS), about family, etc   Answer Question

Business Presentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madurai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Madurai (India)).

Interview

First round of interview was online exam and even in the second it was online exam through this they tend to check our ability in English
    And then we had a face to face interview after a week or something they called us for the further rounds and there was a face to face interview for about 2hours from which they get to know about our pros and cons
    Note: in the face to face interview they even asked us to do a presentation from the findings what they provide us

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Chennai (India)).

Interview

interview process had 3 round in total. online test telephonic talk regarding the communication skills and HR. organisation was well infra structured and it benefits its employee in many ways

Business Presentation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Attended the job fair . Face-to-face interview like why this job, any experience in powerpoint and brief discussion about the rotational shifts . Next was online test which tests are language skills . Then a small HR interview about college (since i was a fresher for others it was about their previous companies) The next round was at their office in Ascendas Chennai that took almost 3 hours . First was a in depth HR round and the last round was the technical where they made us to work on powerpoint with few instructions written on a piece of paper .

Interview Questions

• The technical round . I didnt expect them to ask me to work on a data using all the powerpoint tools   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Chennai (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

initial hr screening, another hr round, aptitude test, another in depth hr round, another hr round at the company premises, operational round

Interview Questions

• excel formula and several stability questions   1 Answer

Business Presentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Thiruvananthapuram (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

Initial communication was registering online. Next was the first face-to-face interview at the job fair site, where the interviewer asked us the basic question. Why this job ? Why this company ? The job responsibilities ? Current job ?
    Next was an online test testing our language skills, which was easy.
    another round of interview which was a little more detailed. Mainly the questions were from the CV that we gave. the interviewers take detailed notes of all our answers on their lap.
    Next round was an HR round at their office in trivandrum after a week. The interview lasted more than an hour and half. Small tests were done and corrections were offered.
    Final round was technical which was held after another week because their head office people had to come. the last round was bad. we were given a test to do on ppt.

the worst experience was that despite taking the pains to go to their office twice & waiting for the last round of interview for more than 3 hours, I am not sad at not being offered a position. But they said that they would inform. But they dint. The company dint have atleast the basic courtesy to inform atleast by mail that i the candidate has not been selected.
    The same happened with many people i know. Mckinsey has lost my respect.

Interview Questions

• the questions in the technical round. the interviewer wanted specific :one/ two word" answers for every question.   Answer Question

Business Presentation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

1 round: aptitude. round 2. preparing slides using ms pp. Round 3. checking communication for half an hour on phone. Round 4. final raound with manager for 2 hours. only 8 hours of working and with a good pay. further, projects were companys own projs

Business Presentation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

1st round is aptitude round which includes basic logical reasoning, English and typing speed.
    2nd round is basic HR interview
    3rd round is HR interview again which will last for an hour or so and the final round is the Technical round emphasizing mostly on MS Office.