McKinsey & Company Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKinsey & Company Data Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

3.3

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Long two-month process including a coding sample, 2 informational webinars, 2 practice "coaching" interviews, and 6 formal interviews. My recruiter was very clear about process and offered many tips. They clearly expect you to independently practice case interviewing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Messy process.

A recruiter was supposed to call me to answer my questions about the interview process after I had been selected. The next day, the recruiter said they will not call me, and instead they will put me straight into an introductory Zoom interview with a data scientist member. Ok!
    The data scientist interviewer was one of the most horrendous people I've ever seen. Never smiled, and never called me by my name, and was very arrogant and disrespectful.

That aside, he revealed a severe lack of knowledge about the field. I found myself constantly correcting his naive mistakes. He also said he's been with the company for less than a year, and had little idea about the actual work. He ended the interview and I thanked him.

The next day I received an email saying I was not selected for the next round! which I thought was a biased decision from a single inexperienced employee.

I am quite surprised by this messy interview process that's supposedly conducted by one of the most respected companies in consulting.

Interview Questions

• No specific technical questions. The interviewer did not know the difference between a physical system and a computer model!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oneonta, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Oneonta, NY) in May 2020.

Interview

Before interview, there is an Online Assessment on Quanthub which covers Python, R, Statistic. After that, there will be a phone call with HR. And HR will schedule two coaching session for interview. There are first round and final round interviews. Each round contains two 50 min interviews. Each interviews will cover Personal Experience Impact and Case Interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell an example that can reflect you entrepreneurial drive.   2 Answers

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in February 2020.

Interview

Coding around was using quanthub , I would suggest you choosing your level for the coding test wisely. There will be questions on R , Python and Statistics . Be very quick and keep answering all the questions

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Applied online at the end of December 2018.
    First round: Online test
    Second round: Spoke with the recruiter
    The third round: Spoke with the data scientist
    Fourth round: Spoke with Senior data scientist.

Never heard back after it.

Interview Questions

• How would you test if e-commerce is more profitable then the traditional one?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

Online assessment including 36 multiple choice questions: 12 on R, 12 on python and 12 on stats. Heard from alumni that questions will get harder if you do well on the previous ones.

Interview Questions

• Which statistical methods require that the residuals be normally distributed but not the raw data for n=20?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

Online assessment sent via email. Completed online through QuantHub. All multiple choice questions on statistics, R, and Python. No actual coding needed. A lot of data science conceptual questions. What is the output of this line of code?

Data Science Interview

Interview

Had online coding round that has questions based on R, python and stats. R and python was mostly based on specific packages that were used and would be difficult to answer if no experience with the packages.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

I only got an oa but it was very difficult and I didn't pass. Regarding the Python part, most of the questions were about data mining and machine learning. For R, the questions were all about importing data, cleaning data and data structures.

Interview Questions

• . Regarding the Python part, most of the questions were about data mining and machine learning. For R, the questions were all about importing data, cleaning data and data structures.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Boston, MA).

Interview

I got an online assessment from the company. It is from quanthub. There are 3types of questions, R python and statistics. Statistics questions are very basic, coding questions are somewhat difficult,