McKinsey & Company Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKinsey & Company Data Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I did one online programming exam on HackerRank. There were 3 questions on time series, regression (I guess) and one simple algorithm. The problem was that it was unclear how to read data to process them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in December 2017.

Interview

The first round is a 2-hour online coding test. There are three questions. The first one is easy. The second one is to fill out missing values. The third one should be a time series model and you are asked to make predictions. Haven' t heard anything from them yet...

Interview Questions

• online coding test on HackerRank   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in December 2017.

Interview

i applied through online and i received the coding challenge a week or two later.the coding challenge had one easy programming question and two predictive model questions. the first question will be doable if you have had atleast a year of programming experience and you can choose any language to code

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in September 2017.

Interview

Process required to solve a task from kaggle, prepare presentation and have follow-up online interview.

My main concern was that I have learnt nothing from the interviewer during the process.

Long precess, they rejected me once I updated LinkedIn with new job that I just started.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe some clustering models
      2. You have a lot variables (900). 2M samples. Your model works well on training set, but poorly on test set. What do you do?
      3. Describe some variable reduction algorithm.
      4. How would you compare text? Do not use tf-idf.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in March 2018.

Interview

I Applied Online
    Completed 2 rounds of phone interview (Behavioral & Tech)
    Initial call was setup and completed within a day
    Got a call for second round after 2 weeks
    No news from the team
    It has been 4 weeks now

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      General PEI questions
      General Machine Learning algorithm questions   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

The form in Online Test on Quanthub, first invite you to finish an online test apply applying on the company's website, still waiting for next steps. The overall process is not hard for somebody with strong background in statistics and programming in python.

Interview Questions

• Three questions, two prediction one in time series and regression, one algorithm one.   2 Answers

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in October 2018.

Interview

I applied Online and after one month, I took the online test. There were 3 parts of questions. They posted the list of first round interview one month later. I felt the online test was really hard.

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

Took a couple of weeks to get back to me. First, I had an online quiz testing knowledge in R, Python, and Statistics. I did not hear back from them after that, although it would be nice to know my score.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

Referral. 1st stage was 30min phone screening with HR. Very easy. Then 2nd stage was 1 phone interview with a data scientist. Followed by an onsite interview at the 3rd stage a week later. The onsite included an extra 3 rounds of interviews. To the best of my understanding, had I been successful in the 3rd stage (onsite) there would have ensued a 4th stage, which would comprise an additional 2 phone interviews with managing partners.

Interview Questions

• All interviews (except for the HR screening) comprised 2 parts. A personal experience question, where you had to get into details about previous projects you had worked on (in data science). And then the 2nd part was always a case study (typically with an analytics twist).   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

I only got an oa but it was very difficult and I didn't pass. Regarding the Python part, most of the questions were about data mining and machine learning. For R, the questions were all about importing data, cleaning data and data structures.

Interview Questions

• . Regarding the Python part, most of the questions were about data mining and machine learning. For R, the questions were all about importing data, cleaning data and data structures.   Answer Question