McKinsey & Company Executive Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKinsey & Company Executive Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jan 25, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

It started with an online resume submission. I received an email saying they would review it. About two later I received an email asking for a phone interview. It was about 20 minutes. Then I was invited via email for an in office assessment. I was contacted 2 days later for an interview. It was speed dating style. First I interviewed with 2 people for 15 minutes then another 2 then one more. I liked that style, not as intimidating. I was contacted within the time frame provided with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was honest about what I wanted and they gave me what I asked for. Do your research on average compensation.

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Tampa, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I tested and interviewed with one other individual. We went through 3 rounds of interviews and then were told we would receive a call by Friday. They said there were 20 positions open and they were growing. I received an email with no additional details and was told none could be provided. I ended up spending over $500 dollars to travel to this interview to be brushed of because of something they could have seen in my resume. Be careful if you have to pay to travel to this interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multi-tasking?
      What are some stressful situations you have been in before?
      How do you feel about teamwork?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Boston, MA).

Interview

I received the interview through a staffing agency. The interview consisted of meeting with the EA manager, and 6 current EAs. All around 15-30 minutes each. They wanted the candidate to be familiar with a very fast paced environment. The executive assistants were very organized and well managed and all really seemed to enjoyed working at McKinsey.

Interview Questions

• A lot of general interview questions. Why do you want this position? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Tampa, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was a two part interview. They first bring you in to do a multi segment computer/ written test and if that goes well they will ask you to come back for an in person interview.

The computer/written test is pretty basic information. Just goes to show them if you know how to respond to emails and schedules properly. As well as a little math.

The in person interview is setup as speed dating style. You will meet with 2 team leads where they will ask you the first set of question for about 15 minutes and then you will continue 2 more rounds of questions with another set of team leads. Very fun, not as intimidating as a one on one interview. Everyone was super sweet and very interested in the potential talent that may be hired.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Better opportunity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Largo, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Submitted my application for review and was called the same day. Recruiting representative was very vague with details and did not offer any information other than what was provided in the job description. When I showed up for the interview, I was surprised to find I was co-interviewing. Was brought upstairs where there are 100+ people (ALL Executive Assistants) working in an open work environment. Finally was told by recruiter that I would be interviewing "speed dating" style and would never meet the person I would be supporting. If you want to be a part of a secretarial pool, then this is the job for you. If you support C-level Executives, don't waste your time. I walked out.

Interview Questions

• Presented with a 12 minute math test.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I was headhunted by an employment agent. The first leg of the process consisted of an intense set of timed skill tests. I sat across from another candidate, scribbling away. I had serious doubts they would call me in for a face-to-face interview even though I thought I performed satisfactorily. As it turned out, I tested well and was, remarkably, the only one out of ten people called back for an interview, which didn't delight me so much as surprise me. I mean the tests were not that hard, you know? The second (and final) leg of the process consisted of two straight hours worth of interviews. It was much more grueling for me than the testing process. I've been with my present company for over 8 years and had not interviewed in quite some time. I was sometimes tongue tied. Sometimes caught of guard.

Interview Questions

• What is your dream job? Why do you want to work at McKinsey? Describe yourself in five words.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

Pretty quick. I was referred by a current employee (they get a nice bonus if you are hired and make it 6 months). I had an in person interview where they asked situational questions, and the generic interview questions. It was done in a "speed dating" style. You go in as a group of 4 and spend 10 mins individually with each interviewer. If you get called back, you go in and do a practice run of how a typical day as an EA goes. They throw you and another person in a room with a lap top and ask you to go ahead and answer emails as you see fit. It was pretty stressful.

Interview Questions

• It's 5'O clock and one of your consultants asks you to stay late and help with something. What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two phone interviews, since I did not live in state. First was with an HR representative and then with an EA team leader. They responded to me within two days of each interview to let me know the next steps. Fairly easy interviews.
    The position was either for assigned (where you are assigned to two or three principals or consultants) or for replacement (where you act as a backup for other EAs on vacation).
    They chose to go with candidates with EA background (instead of my PR background).
    They seem to have high standards, so treat it like a highly competitive interview.

Interview Questions

• Q. Please give us an example of a time where you had to have a tough conversation with a boss you saw was about to make a poor decision regarding a client, etc. Tell us what the issue was and how you brought it to them in conversation.   1 Answer
    • Q. What excites you about this role?   1 Answer
    • Q. What is it that the company does that you are interested in/what is it that McKinsey does?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

In a group - Timed Intellect Test first. Timed Detail-mindedness test next. Then three-ten minute interviews - speed dating style. All questions were appropriate and relevant and interviewers were very professional and appeared to be open and honest about culture.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were "What would you do if....?" Situational questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

I had sent a resume and was contacted by an agency handling the opportunity. I was asked if I could do a phone interview that same day and said yes. What the agency prepared me for and what the phone interview person asked me were totally different things.

Interview Questions

• The first question I was asked was "What exactly did you find interesting about our company."   1 Answer