McKinsey & Company Executive Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.8

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

Essentially the same process as everyone else has described here.

First a 15 minute screening phone interview with a recruiter. Then you get invited to a testing session that consists of: answering 3 typical emails that an assistant would receive, listening to 3 voicemails and writing down all the relevant information (time, place, names, companies mentioned), a short assessment on working with international time zones and sorting through a calendar, and then finally a wonderlic test, which is essentially a 15 minute SAT.

Then you are invited back to an interview with 3 different groups of people. Interview with one group of 2 for 15 minutes, then another group of 2 for 15 minutes, then the EA manager for 15 minutes. The office was modern and organized, and all of the employees were kind and upbeat. My final interview was on a Friday and I got a call back with an offer on Monday. Starting pay is $38,500.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Saint Petersburg, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

First you get a phone screening, then you are scheduled for a test (3 parts - Email writing, Time zones and situational and listening to voice messages, SAT style math and english) and finally a speed-dating style interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a story of a time you dealt with a difficult personality   Answer Question
    • What is something, whether it is professional or personal that you achieved and are proud of   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to take this job. and why you?   Answer Question
    • If you had 3 requests from 3 people you support and all are urgent and need to be done within the next 10 minutes - how would you prioritize your work   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Screening phone call followed by an assessment test and then "speed dating" style interview. The test was very easy just a few questions on how you would respond to emails and listening activities and the interview questions were as expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Saint Petersburg, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview, and would have had a skills test the following week, but I declined. The interviewer was very nice and the process went smoothly. He had emailed the same day to ask when I'd be available.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to use problem-solving skills.   Answer Question
    • What did you like most and least about your last job?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call about a week and a half later from the NYC office. Went in for testing which was extremely easy with two other individuals. I was then called back 2 days later to come in for an in person interview. I interviewed with 2 other girls by 2 team leads, then two more, then the EA manager. Each aboig 15 minute interviewes. Interviewed on Thursday and called back on Tuesday with an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Tampa, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

The first step was to go in for a brief assessment test. Pretty straightforward stuff. Transcribing voicemail, drafting emails, and a short SAT style multiple choice test. Then they do a speed dating style interview. You meet with 5 people in 3 15minute rounds. This can get annoying because they end up asking the same questions and you just keep repeating yourself. The first two ladies I met with were very nice and cheerful, the next two looked a little bored and the last lady I can tell was just over the whole process. She asked questions that didn't make sense. She asked me if there was anything in the job description I thought I wouldn't be able to do. It had me at a loss for words. Who asks that?! Of course I'm going to say I can do everything. But other than that it was simple, they were nice.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

You did a simple phone interview and once you passed that you had to do a test. The test comprise of an email response, time zones, scheduling and the a skills test which was kind of like the SAT. Once you scored satisfactory on the test you came in for "speed dating" interview. You have three different interviews. Two interviews with two people and one interview with one person.

Interview Questions

• Reflecting on your previous performance reviews what is something you could work on to make better.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Saint Petersburg, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Brief phone interview a week or so after submitting application, was then invited to come into the office for a series of test to see if I was compatible with their programming, then received a call back a few weeks later inviting me to come back in for a 'speed dating' type interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you could have done differently at your last place of employment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Tampa, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

First is the phone interview with the recruiter, and I got the call the same day that I applied. Then, I was invited to the office for an assessment in the same week. The assessment was pretty straight-forward, scheduling appointments, replying to emails and so forth. I received a call one day after the assessment and was in for the final interview. There were three groups of hiring managers that I had to speak to, with basic interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

It started with an online resume submission. I received an email saying they would review it. About two later I received an email asking for a phone interview. It was about 20 minutes. Then I was invited via email for an in office assessment. I was contacted 2 days later for an interview. It was speed dating style. First I interviewed with 2 people for 15 minutes then another 2 then one more. I liked that style, not as intimidating. I was contacted within the time frame provided with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was honest about what I wanted and they gave me what I asked for. Do your research on average compensation.