McKinsey & Company Executive Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKinsey & Company Executive Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Tampa, FL) in February 2020.

Interview

Extensive interview process. I was reached out to by a recruiter to apply for the position. I applied and received a response that they would reach out if I qualify. I was asked to take an online assessment about 5 days after. The assessment took around an hour and I found to be a very useful tool in deciphering a good candidate for an EA role or not. I then had a call with a recruiter where they asked "tell me about a time when" questions (about 4 questions). I was then asked not to disclose my current salary and that they are only offering $39,900 for the role with no negotiation. You would be paid $42,200 if you took a later shift like 10-7 or 12-8p shift. At the end of the call I was scheduled to come on site for a group assessment. I also found the assessment helpful in determining candidates. It took place from 9am-12pm. The assessment included individual email prioritization and a group assessment on how you would handle a meeting with multiple issues going on. After that I was reached out to come back for a final individual face to face interview. This consisted of two 30 minute interviews. I have extensive EA experience and found the process to be thorough, but a little much for the position, especially at $39k. I wanted to get my foot in the door with this company and let it be known in my interview that I would like to pursue further career options after the mandatory can't apply for other jobs until after 1 year rule. I don't think they liked that. I think they wanted to have an EA stay an EA. About a week later I was sent an email that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Tampa, FL) in September 2019.

Interview

Brief phone interview. Followed by an assessment test that you must be on site for. From there, should you pass, you will be asked to come back for a face to face interview. However, this was a 15 mins interview with 3 separate people, back to back. Efficient but not enough time if they are trying to get to know you or they monopolize the time and you barely get a chance to speak.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Phone Interview lasted about minutes. They explained the company and asked the basic interview questions. Very nice. I was then asked to come into the next part of the interviewing process which was the testing at the actual site where they where hiring for the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult situation that you had with a client and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Saint Petersburg, FL) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied online and then two days later I got an email for the initial phone screening. During the call, I was scheduled to go in the next day to take the assessment, which is the first step in the process. After about two weeks, I got a call to come back in for the in-person interview with team leads and the managers. It was more of a speed-dating style where you meet with, in the case, three leaders and change rooms after fifteen minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a hasty decision at work and how did it end.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Starts with a phone interview. Just basic questions. Then got invited to assessment stage and was told would hear back within the week. Even reached out to recruiter. I have not heard a word.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in February 2019.

Interview

Did a phone interview then was asked if I could go in person. I was advised it would be a group interview with other candidates. There were three other people in my group. There was two tests one on the computer writing emails. The other test involved time zones and answering questions about times zones. There was a portion of a test you listen to voicemails and write down information. The other part of interview was a group exercise. Never got to do group exercise he said there wasn’t enough of us. I think that was a lie they probably had made up their mind and had already analyzed our tests. Never got a call or email back.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in January 2019.

Interview

Submitted application online, then scheduled for phone interview. Recruiter changed interview time at 10 pm at night the night before the interview. Received email 2 days later that I was no fit but no explanation why, during the interview process recruiter seemed very fake and did not make me feel comfortable at all

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Tampa, FL) in November 2018.

Interview

I applied through Indeed and was contacted a few days later by a recruiter for the company. She asked me if I was available for a phone interview and we set one up. I thought it went well and I was very excited for the opportunity. I then set up a date to come in and do some testing. They informed me it would be a group interview, but I was the only person there. I spent about 1 hour doing all the assessments for their department and then they saw me out of the office. I have not heard anything from them yet, but that testing did take place the Monday before Thanksgiving. They told me that if I scored high enough on the testing that I would be asked to come in for an interview sometime in December.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Saint Petersburg, FL) in September 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter/skills assessment test(s)/in-person interviews with 3 one on one interviews with manager and two lead staff answering questions on current job post and proving answers for what-if scaenarios regarding job applying for

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Chicago, IL) in September 2018.

Interview

First, I filled out their application and EEO online. I then had a 30 minute phone screening with a supervisor and then was asked to come in for a 2 hour interview. In this interview, I met with 3 EA's and then performed a virtual assessment.

Interview Questions

• Name ways that you manage a fast-paced environment? How do you handle juggling many things at once?   Answer Question