McKinsey & Company Executive Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKinsey & Company Executive Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Tampa, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I tested and interviewed with one other individual. We went through 3 rounds of interviews and then were told we would receive a call by Friday. They said there were 20 positions open and they were growing. I received an email with no additional details and was told none could be provided. I ended up spending over $500 dollars to travel to this interview to be brushed of because of something they could have seen in my resume. Be careful if you have to pay to travel to this interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multi-tasking?
    What are some stressful situations you have been in before?
    How do you feel about teamwork?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

It started with an online resume submission. I received an email saying they would review it. About two later I received an email asking for a phone interview. It was about 20 minutes. Then I was invited via email for an in office assessment. I was contacted 2 days later for an interview. It was speed dating style. First I interviewed with 2 people for 15 minutes then another 2 then one more. I liked that style, not as intimidating. I was contacted within the time frame provided with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was honest about what I wanted and they gave me what I asked for. Do your research on average compensation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Tampa, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was a two part interview. They first bring you in to do a multi segment computer/ written test and if that goes well they will ask you to come back for an in person interview.

The computer/written test is pretty basic information. Just goes to show them if you know how to respond to emails and schedules properly. As well as a little math.

The in person interview is setup as speed dating style. You will meet with 2 team leads where they will ask you the first set of question for about 15 minutes and then you will continue 2 more rounds of questions with another set of team leads. Very fun, not as intimidating as a one on one interview. Everyone was super sweet and very interested in the potential talent that may be hired.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Better opportunity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Saint Petersburg, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online through an employee referral. Was contacted a few days later for a phone interview, where the recruiter seemed irritated and disinterested. The phone interview was fairly short and covered shift availability and a few simple questions about experience. I had an interview about a week later, where a few very simple assessments were given, (which I was told that I passed) then 3 quick panel interviews with 2 people at a time. Each group of interviewers asked similar questions but were intimidating and most were not very friendly or personable. Was told I would receive a call within a week letting me know whether or not I was being offered the position. I received 2 separate emails about 1.5-2 weeks later saying that I didn’t make the cut.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

A timed IQ test was given. Then they set up a work simulator assessment where you were given a scenario and a manager watched you on another computer in a different room. The manager would then interrept several times. They observed how well you could handle stress. They gave feedback on your performance and walked you out of the office.

Interview Questions

• How well can you take feedback.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied through someone I knew there, pretty quickly got a response and invitation for phone interview. Interview was good, efficient and comprehensive. She set a time beforehand and called when agreed on. Overall pleasant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Saint Petersburg, FL) in September 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter/skills assessment test(s)/in-person interviews with 3 one on one interviews with manager and two lead staff answering questions on current job post and proving answers for what-if scaenarios regarding job applying for

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by a face to face interview process.

The face to face interview process included four other candidates applying for the same position. The process began with a timed basic skills test. While they review the test, they encourage you to mingle and be social with each other. I am almost positive they have a microphone on the table and a running camera to watch our interactions. Very odd. Afterwards we interview with three different interviewers one on one for very short sittings.

Interview Questions

• What skills gained from a previous employer can be transferred to desired position?   Answer Question

McKinsey & Company Response

Jul 30, 2018 – Recruiting Expert

Thanks for sharing your experience although we're sorry it didn't work out. We'll flag to the Tampa team that the interaction with other candidates can feel awkward - that is not by design. Best of... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Tampa, FL) in May 2018.

Interview

Phone interview, scheduled a test, came back for final interview, which consisted of 3 small 15 minutes interviews. Didn't get a call. Finally got an email 10 days later saying I didn't get it.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

The interview process is not bad. Multiple people conducting interviews so you are not pigeon holed by one person, and the questions are genuine. The process was 3 steps.