McKinsey & Company Fellow Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Fellow Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Interview

The first round process had two interviews but they weren't able to evaluate all the dimensions so they called me for a third one. The third one was with a more experienced employee. The questions were the same though.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to lead a team through a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Fellow Associate Interview

Interview

First round interview with McK in Germany. Overall very pleasant and enjoyable experience with some things to pay attention to:
    1.) Do not make math mistakes, they will cost you even if you can convey that you are good at math and they were just bad luck. It's better to take an extra 5 sec than to mess up a calculation
    2.) Choose your answers to the FIT questions carefully...you are expected to dazzle and shouldn't just be giving an average answers.
    3.) On the case, first brainstorm and list a whole mess of ideas that come to mind, then dig deeper and explain the individual branches of your issue tree in detail.

Interview Questions

• The interview overall was not very difficult and everything that you would have expected.   Answer Question

Fellow Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in December 2011.

Interview

An initial multiple-choice problem solving test (McKinsey PST is extensively covered on the internet) followed by three rounds of interviews: one in my country of residence (an AP and an Associate) and two in the hiring office (a mixture of EMs, APs, and Partners).

All interviews lasted for one hour and involved solving a case and discussing your personal experiences of leadership, team work, working under stress, etc.. The cases were all rather standard, and the interviewers were very involved and helpful in getting you to cover all aspects of the case and arrive at the right conclusions - no leaving you to wander in the dark for 20 minutes and then announcing that the time is up. Actually, I found discussing my personal experiences more of a challenge, as the interviewers required well-defined, concrete examples.

Throughout the process, the staff at all levels appeared extremely intelligent, level-headed, and fun - I am confident they would have made great colleagues.

Interview Questions

• Give me a concrete example of a situation when you lead a team to overcome a challenge   1 Answer

Accepting the offer would mean moving out of my current industry, so eventually I decided this is not a good idea.