McKinsey & Company Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKinsey & Company Fellow Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

4.1

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Hamburg (Germany)).

Interview

Interviewed for German office.

3 interviews before noon.

First interview 15 min CV, 20 min PEI, 25 min Case.
Second & Third interview 20 min PEI, 25 min Case.

If you make it past the third interview, chances are you will get the offer. Don't take it for granted though.

Prepare at least 2 stories for each dimension of PEI (Impact, Leadership, Drive). Stories shouldn't be older than 2-3 years or they will outright reject them and ask for newer ones. Make sure to prep for any possible questions regarding your stories.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Fellow Interview

Interview

3 rounds for the fellowship program
    First was resume screening
    Second was problem solving test; practice from 3 examples on mckinsey's website is enough just to know and be familiar with the structure. Prepare speed math. Wear your watch!
    Third was personal and case interview in 40 minutes; relates to consultants and their jobs

Fellow Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in February 2010.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a problem solving test and a round of 2 interviews. If you succeeded in the first round, you would pass to a second one, where you would have 2 more interviews. The problem solving test was, in my opinion, very long. I would recommend you to be prepared for this and to practice so that your mind is ready at the time.

In terms of the interview, I would recommend you to be prepared for very general questions, and be able to make an estimation through logical thinking. I don't think it is possible to prepare much for these type of questions. My advice would be to be familiarized with business terms and problems and, when the question arrives, be prepared to apply it in a creative manner. It is also important that you have a framework when you answer your questions, and that you start from there. For the case I would also recommend you to take your time and not rush to answer. I think that the worst thing you can do is say an absurd thing.

Each interview followed the same structure: personal background - you have to provide a situation in which you have demonstrated leadership skills and drive achievement -, case, questions.

Fellow Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in July 2011.

Interview

The first round consisted of three interviews; Two case interviews with consultants and one interview with a recruiter. The business cases used in the interviews ar slightly different than the 'usual' practice cases. They mix up case categories so that the outcome of the case MUST be based on your own logical reasoning during the interview.

For the interview with the recruiter, be sure to use examples that clearly exemplify a situation here you achieved something or had a personal conflict. The examples should be specified into the exact reasoning and interactions you had during the situation. Don't just give them a story they like to hear; keep it personal.

Interview Questions

• PEI: What is the accomplishment you are most proud of in your life ?   1 Answer

Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in July 2011.

Interview

At first I had to be evaluated on a standard test. A month or so after completing the test I received an email message telling that I had passed the test and that I had to do a few interviews/tests.
    Then followed a barrage of 5 interviews/tests were I had to answer a few questions about myself and my track record so far and also had to solve a few case studies.

After this was over I was finally told that I had passed the interviews/tests and I had an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This really doesn't apply to me as of yet. But I think things will flow easily.

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Geneva (Switzerland)) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online in October and I received the interview call in November. The interviews day was in March. The recruitment process also included one coaching webinar session and one personal coaching session.

Interview Questions

• Each interview is divided in two parts: the personal experience and the business case. In the former the interviewer wants to test your personal impact, your entrepreneurial drive and your leadership; in the latter your problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in February 2017.

Interview

Ik was uitgenodigd via een recruiter. Hierna mocht ik eerst een oefencase komen maken, gevolgd door een eerste ronde gesprek met twee case interviews en een gesprek met een recruiter. Bij alle interviews hebben we het ook gehad over mijn 'personal experience'. Hierbij gingen de interviewers zeer diep in op situaties uit mijn verleden waarin in specifieke vaardigheden heb getoond, zoals leiderschap.

Interview Questions

• Geef een voorbeeld van een situatie waarin iemand het met jou oneens was.   Answer Question

Fellow Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in August 2016.

Interview

Am Abend vor dem Auswahltag gab es ein Dinner in ungezwungener Atmosphäre. Am Auswahltag selbst dann eine kurze Einführung, danach drei Interviews jeweils mit Personal Fit und Case Teil. Der Tag war sehr gut strukturiert, und die Interviewer freundlich. Nach dem Mittagessen noch ca. 1,5 Std Zeit, bis man Feedback bekommen hat. Bei Erfolg Nachmittags nochmal ein Interview. Der Tag lief ab wie zuvor vom Unternehmen kommuniziert.

Interview Questions

• Die Fragen orientieren sich an den Kernkompetenzen, z.B. Wann haben Sie jmd von einer Idee überzeugt? Auf eine erste Schilderung der Situation wird detailliert und kritisch nachgefragt.   Answer Question

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in August 2017.

Interview

Three meetings, of which one with a recruiter and two with consultants. The consultants give a case, where the recruiter is more focused on personality and personal experience. All three will focus the most on a personal experience that you had in your professional career.

Interview Questions

• Could you give me an example of a situation in which you showed your leadership skills?   Answer Question

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in December 2016.

Interview

Na de online sollicitatieprocedure, mag je een problem solving test maken (26 vragen op papier) op kantoor van McKinsey in Amsterdam. Na goed gevolg, heb je een drie uur durend interview met project managers (2 keer) en met de recruiter (1 keer). Met de project managers sta je 15 minuten stil over je persoonlijkheid en duik je 45 minuten de case in. Bij de recruiter staat je persoonlijkheid en motivatie centraal.

Interview Questions

• Noem eens een voorbeeld van een conflict dat jij hebt opgelost?   Answer Question