McKinsey & Company Interview Questions in France | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

4.3

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

me and interviewer
    2 x 45 min interviews
    Around 15 minutes: fit questions...one big question and many others related to it in order to go deep in the details.
    the rest of the time: case interview..1 case per interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you led a team in the face of a major challenge   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Paris (France)) in December 2016.

Interview

1 day on-site interview, 3 in the morning with manager/engagement manager, at noon they tell you whether you continue to 2 more interviews with directors/partners.
    20 mn fit (describe a situation regarding one of their 3 pillars)
    30 mn case
    10 mn questions
    In addition, you have access to a coach prior to the d-day to check your case abilities and get personal feedback.

Overall process of a high quality : really close relationship with HR, fast and convenient process, interviewers are interesting and involved. They're not one of the best management consulting company in the word for no reason!

IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

first telephone interview, basic questions about my disponibilty and basic competencies. then we had assesment centre. 6 people, we started in group with describe yourself and then we did the exercise when half of group has 1 opinion and other half has the opposite and we had to agree. after it was followed by 3 individual interviews. last round was phone interview with manager.

Interview Questions

• when did u have to show your leadership skills   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Paris (France)) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received an invitation to interview with the Paris office - pretty flexible on the actual interview date, I could choose to interview a few months after the invitation. During the interview, had three interviews (2 EM, 1 Partner) with the typical format (FIT + Cases + Q&A) and also took the Problem Solving Test.

Management Consultant Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Paris (France)) in October 2015.

Interview

I went through the first round of interviews in my MBA's campus and then final round in the local office where I was applying. The first round (2 1hour interviews with cases) was challenging but overall it was a fun and helpful experience. Final round took many hours, 4 interviews and two written tests (written tests are not common in McKinsey final rounds, it was just the case at that specific office)

Interview Questions

• Fit questions were very specific and detailed. The most common theme was leadership experience and personal impact.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Paris (France)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview is a 40% - 60% split between personal fit and business case. In the fit portion they ask you about past achievements, leadership and personal impact. Instead of asking multiple questions on different topics, they tend to hone in on one answer and ask follow up questions so know your story inside out!

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

1st Round Interviews: two 45min sessions. Each session included (i) Fit and (ii) Case.

1st Session: Regarding the fit, my interviewer asked me for a specific experience in my CV. The challenge was to use that story to transmit the values McKinsey is looking for. The case was a specific case regarding a Pharma company.

2nd Session: Same as with the first interviewer. This time they also used a Pharma case, but there were no numbers. It was all conceptual.

Interview Questions

• Case: Big pharma company wants to buy a smaller pharma company. Assess the strategic fit.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Paris (France)) in April 2012.

Interview

3 rounds of 2-3 interviews (2 then 3 then 2) and 1 logical test in the 1st round.
    Very classic interviews with 20 min of fit (why consulting, why McKinsey, why we should recruit you), 30 min of case study and 10 min of Q&A

Interview Questions

• Please give one example of a time when you faced a crisis? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Paris (France)) in November 2016.

Interview

Screening sur CV et lettre de motivation.
    1er tour qui consiste en test écrit, suivi de deux entretiens avec un consultant (fit+étude de cas) et d'un entretien avec une chargée de recrutement.

Interview Questions

• Parlez-moi d'une expérience ou vous avez fait preuve de leadership.
      Parlez-moi d'une expérience ou vous avez réussi à convaincre un groupe.
      Parlez-moi d'une expérience ou vous avez du relever un défi.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Paris (France)) in November 2016.

Interview

Premier tour, deux études de cas plus un entretien RH, pour un stage. Très bien accueilli, entretiens très agréables, tout est fait pour qu'on passe un bon moment. J'ai pu rencontrer plusieurs consultants et discuter très librement avec eux entre les entretiens, débriefing très rapide.

Interview Questions

• On nous demande de décrire précisément l'une de nos expériences passées.   Answer Question