McKinsey & Company Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKinsey & Company Intern Interview Questions

Updated Dec 2, 2016

3.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first and about three days later received the In-person interview. The in-person interview held around 30-40 minutes and about 6 basic questions were asked. Questions mainly to do with the content especially the skills written on my resume. After this, about three questions were asked to acknowledge the personality and team work concepts.

Interview Questions

• Machine learning, data architecture, database, data analysis.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

There were 2 rounds. The 1st round was with 2 associates with case studies and the 2nd round was with 3 partners also with case studies but this was much more intense. They included typical questions on your most challenging role etc

Intern Interview

Interview

First round interview is made up of a personal experience section (Tell me about a time when you encountered difficulties working in a team? What did you do to overcome them?), a case, and then time for questions. Most difficult part is the case, make sure to do live practices with as many people as you can to prepare!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

- Apply via on-line application/on-campus application
    - Received interview invitation and did interview in office
    - Had two 1-1 interview in the morning and knew the result half an hour after an interview
    - Interview lasted about 45 minutes each, including 'case' for 30 minutes and 'fit questions' for 15 minutes.
    - If pass the first round, the second round will take place in the afternoon and the result will be known on the same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Boston, MA) in September 2010.

Interview

The written exam is hard, especially under time pressure. After that, two group interviews which helped us to go through the whole cases.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2016.

Interview

The Experience Interview was rigourous and saw a lot of questions which required me to draw from examples from my personal and professional lives. It was, however, in a relaxed setting and the interviewer generally helped me open up. The interview saw explain my suitability for the role above all else.

Interview Questions

• What are three adjectives that you'd use to describe yourself?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Required a lot of preparation for the case interview. 3 one-hour interviews with three different consultants. Interviewers were constantly asking questions through out the case. Fit interview went as expected

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with the recruiter at a college event then applied online
    First round interview: 2 interviews with case and behavioural with analysts
    Final round: 4 interviews with partners with case and behavioural

Interview Questions

• Classic behavioural questions like tell me about a time you struggled in a group   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in July 2015.

Interview

The whole process was profesionally coordinated and very smooth.
    The analytical part of the interviews weren't problematic to me, but the one involving "soft skills" was.
    Definetely try to appear confident even if you are not - fake it until you make it approach.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Case Study written test- 3 business cases were given and had to solve multiple choice questions
    HR Interview - the Panel was very nice and friendly, questions were a bit tricky, guesstimate question was very easy.