McKinsey & Company Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKinsey & Company Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

3.8

Intern Interview

Interview

It took about 2 weeks, phone interview is the first step, which is changed by HR when it was the scheduled time. and two one to one onsite interviews , and never heard back.............

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was very structured. Tow interviews, each was about an hour. Start with small talk and self-introduction. Then it was the personal experience interview about 15 minutes and a case study for about 45 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Boston, MA) in December 2017.

Interview

Quick-case study assessments. I would have preferred one-to-ones but it was an okay process. I learnt a lot from it. The case-studies are tough, so prepare well in advance, in fact start preparing before you apply.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

3 rounds, very intensive. Mix of competency and fit questions but enjoyable. Amenable to stay in touch too . HR people lovely too, allow you to pop in to meet people and put you in touch with school alumni

Interview Questions

• What do you like doing outside of work   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Went through 2 rounds of phone interviews then went in for an in-person interview. The in-person interview included an assessment, which the interviewer scored and said I got 100% on, which isn't very common according to the interviewer. I felt that the interviews went very well but unfortunately was rejected due to my "skills and experience" not matching what they're looking for. If that's the case, I'm not sure why I was interviewed to begin with or put through multiple stages of interviews, especially for an intern position which is meant to give experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with someone who was upset with you and how you handled it   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

- Apply via on-line application/on-campus application
    - Received interview invitation and did interview in office
    - Had two 1-1 interview in the morning and knew the result half an hour after an interview
    - Interview lasted about 45 minutes each, including 'case' for 30 minutes and 'fit questions' for 15 minutes.
    - If pass the first round, the second round will take place in the afternoon and the result will be known on the same day.

Intern Interview

Interview

First round interview is made up of a personal experience section (Tell me about a time when you encountered difficulties working in a team? What did you do to overcome them?), a case, and then time for questions. Most difficult part is the case, make sure to do live practices with as many people as you can to prepare!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Boston, MA) in September 2010.

Interview

The written exam is hard, especially under time pressure. After that, two group interviews which helped us to go through the whole cases.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first and about three days later received the In-person interview. The in-person interview held around 30-40 minutes and about 6 basic questions were asked. Questions mainly to do with the content especially the skills written on my resume. After this, about three questions were asked to acknowledge the personality and team work concepts.

Interview Questions

• Machine learning, data architecture, database, data analysis.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

There were 2 rounds. The 1st round was with 2 associates with case studies and the 2nd round was with 3 partners also with case studies but this was much more intense. They included typical questions on your most challenging role etc