McKinsey & Company Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKinsey & Company Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

3.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)) in April 2015.

Interview

It consisted of an exam, 3 interviews with Engagement Managers, and 3 interviews with partners. The process itself was very interesting, because it allowed you to learn more about the job and the type of projects you would be part of

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Start with general CV questions. 3 essential skills. a simple case study.

Intern Interview

Interview

Prepare to McKinsey PST, control your anxiety and manage time

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (London, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

The recruitment process consisted of a reasoning test and a series of interviews with partners.
    The multiple-choice test reflects some of the work that consultants do and thus is structured around several imaginary assignments or consulting projects. For each assignment, the candidate has to answer several questions that follow the process of examining and analyzing a situation presented, going from more general to specific. Questions test several skills, such as quick and precise calculations, data extraction and interpretation, logical inference, reading and comrehension.

The interviews were partner-led for me: first, there were questions about my background and experiences, followed by a case exercise. The partners presented a situation that they had to deal with and then ask questions that require the intervieweeto identify possible causes, information required to solve the problem, do basic calculations, etc. The biggest challenge with the interviews is the time pressure: the interviewee has only maybe 30 seconds to answer each question before the partner goes to the next one. Also, the company requires the answers to be structured in a very clear and specific way. Therefore my advice to anyone preparing for an interview would be to dedicate at least 15-20 hours to serious preparation using consulting interview guides, books, and other material, because the proper structure that McKinsey expects from your answers must come out automatically, without you thinking.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

2 round interviews + timed questionnaire

Interview Questions

• What was the time when you had to pass through your opinion against someone who thought differently than you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied McK for regular internship program. I submitted resume with essay through email. 5 days later, I got an interview guide letter. Next day morning, i did 1 hour home research test, then went to McK office and did 2 more interviews.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (London, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

1st Round: Problem Solving Test - hard but there's quite a low pass mark.

2nd Round: Two 1:1, one hour interviews in their London offices. Both were predominantly about a case study with about 20 minutes on a specific experience you had that demonstrated leadership and a time when I was challenged.

Heard back two days after interview. Feedback provided by phone a week later.

Final Round: Overnight stay in a hotel with interviews the next morning. three 1:1 one hour interviews with a similar structure as before.

Feedback provided on the phone a week later at the same time as hearing back.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bogota, Cundinamarca (Colombia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Bogota, Cundinamarca (Colombia)) in December 2011.

Interview

1) Problem Solving Test
    2) First round consisting of 3 case interviews
    3) Final round consisting of 3 case interviews with senior partners

Interview Questions

• Interview Case Question: A company that provides pension funds for other company employees is created. 20 years later, they own 50% of the market share. What was their selling strategy?   Answer Question
    • Interview Market Sizing Question: Calculate the number of soccer balls in Colombia   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I wrote a test and 2 rounds of interviews, each consisting of 2 back-to-back interviews of 45 minutes. I wrote the test at university, the 1st round of interviews was at a hotel, and the final round was held at their offices. The test was MCQ and the time limit made it so difficult.

Interview Questions

• The test was the most difficult test I've written in my life.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Moscow (Russia)) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied to McKinsey offices throughout the whole Europe. Was invited by the Moscow's office to do the first round assessment center. Since I couldn't make it to Moscow, got it rescheduled in Brussels, which was the closest office in my case. In overall, extremely quick, smooth and efficient communication as well as welcoming attitude from both offices.

Interview Questions

• Did the assessment test and all in all found it challenging especially in terms of time management. The toughest part was in the fact that next to my cubicle there was a consultant having a very long phone conversation, which really made it tough to concentrate.   Answer Question