McKinsey & Company Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2017

3.6

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in April 2017.

Interview

Dragged on for weeks with incompetent Recruiting team. Lack of follow up and one excuse after another regarding the whole process. Very disappointing at from a candidate experience. Hope you treat employees better once they do get in the door.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in October 2016.

Interview

30 minute video interview - based mainly on prior work experience and educational background, behavioral questions to understand thought process and personality
    30 minute excel test
    30 minute video interview - based more on internship position, many opportunities to ask questions about the role

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Attended leadership conference, was offered interview and interview coach to help prepare for the case. Interview coach was extremely helpful, videochatted 3x to do a practice/ prep interview. Coach was an alum of my college.
    Interview was very typical. You are there for three separate 45 minute interviews. Each beginning with the behavioral questions, working in teams, what role do you play on a team etc.
    The case portion is more difficult and the first case was very easy and the second case was much harder. In between interviews, you sit in the waiting room and chat with consultants

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in 3 words   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Washington, DC) in February 2009.

Interview

Consisted of three days, with several 1:1 interviews and skill test.
    Very friendly people.

Interview Questions

• You start a new consulting project who is the first person you talk to in the company?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Lisbon (Portugal)) in February 2017.

Interview

the interviewers were very friendly but did not ask many questions,so you really need to prepare well. Also, really demanding in what concerns organized thougts. At the end they provide nice and usefull feedback

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Very good interviewers .. the interview went really well .. they didn't let me feel nervous at all. There were 4 rounds . HR, Video conference , Technical and puzzle solving.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a standard fit interview and a case study. The interview was quite rigorous - the interviewer asked me detailed questions on my resumé and past experience that is relevant to McKinsey, and behavioural questions. The study case was a basic case on profit problems. Just make sure you have practiced your mental math.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in November 2011.

Interview

2 case interviews mixed with 10 minutes behavioral each and a written test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a specific conversation you had with a friend where you had to persuade him or her.   Answer Question