McKinsey & Company Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKinsey & Company Internship Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Boston, MA).

Interview

There were two interviewers. I found that the experienced varied significantly between interviewers. One pressed me much more during the personal fit section. I thought the case questions were easy, but when they are easy that usually means they want you to be very specific and provide a lot more insights along the way.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

the interview process wasn't bad. The questions were standard questions. The first interviewer who is a second year analyst was very disorganized. She was doing something in her kitchen and didn't stand at one place. She moved from one place to another and that was very distracting.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in April 2017.

Interview

Dragged on for weeks with incompetent Recruiting team. Lack of follow up and one excuse after another regarding the whole process. Very disappointing at from a candidate experience. Hope you treat employees better once they do get in the door.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in October 2016.

Interview

30 minute video interview - based mainly on prior work experience and educational background, behavioral questions to understand thought process and personality
    30 minute excel test
    30 minute video interview - based more on internship position, many opportunities to ask questions about the role

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Attended leadership conference, was offered interview and interview coach to help prepare for the case. Interview coach was extremely helpful, videochatted 3x to do a practice/ prep interview. Coach was an alum of my college.
    Interview was very typical. You are there for three separate 45 minute interviews. Each beginning with the behavioral questions, working in teams, what role do you play on a team etc.
    The case portion is more difficult and the first case was very easy and the second case was much harder. In between interviews, you sit in the waiting room and chat with consultants

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in 3 words   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Washington, DC) in February 2009.

Interview

Consisted of three days, with several 1:1 interviews and skill test.
    Very friendly people.

Interview Questions

• You start a new consulting project who is the first person you talk to in the company?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Budapest (Hungary)) in May 2019.

Interview

I had one problem solving test and 3 + 2 face-to-face interviews in two rounds. On the first part of the interviews I had to tell stories about myself, and the second part was the case solving.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to tell a story when i had a conflict with one of my collegues.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

I applied on McKinsey website, got a call one week after applying. Firstly, I was given language test to check my knowledge, then after a couple of days I had a phone interview, and in 1,5 week onsite interview, where I was asked mostly behavioral questions, also questions about my experience, why did I apply to this position.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questionsm especially such as: how you handle stress, deadlines? You should always provide examples.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

They gave me the feeling they really wanted/needed me at first, They invited me for special programs and breakfasts. Later, however, I was rejected without getting any reasoning. Spend a lot of time applying here and I regret spending this much on it with out getting feedback.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest group work you had?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Prague (Czech Republic)) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online and 2 weeks later I was contacted by a recruiter and invited for a PST.
    I did a lot of estimations on PST, it contained a lot of graphs, and they were very complicated.
    After that I was invited to personal interviews. They lasted 1 day. First round was in the morning. Everyone was friendly, they put me in a room, then a consultant came, we had a nice chat, then he asked me about my background and to describe a situation when I had a disagreement with somebody. Then it was a case study (how to maximalize a value of a company, and a profitability analysis), and my questions in the end. As soon as I finished this one another consultant came. The second case was on a tablet. It surprised me a lot.
    I got a great feedback and in the afternoon I took part in the second round. This one was with the partners. They were friendly, however extremely demanding. They expected me to do super quick calculations from my head, not even using the paper. Their cases were much more demanding and when reaching a conclusion there was always something tricky that could be easily overlooked.
    Overall, it was a positive, however, very exhausting experience.
    There were more interviews on that day but I did not have a chance to meet other candidates, they kept us in separate rooms.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you took on a leading role
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years