McKinsey & Company Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKinsey & Company Internship Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

3.5

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

They gave me the feeling they really wanted/needed me at first, They invited me for special programs and breakfasts. Later, however, I was rejected without getting any reasoning. Spend a lot of time applying here and I regret spending this much on it with out getting feedback.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Prague (Czech Republic)) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online and 2 weeks later I was contacted by a recruiter and invited for a PST.
    I did a lot of estimations on PST, it contained a lot of graphs, and they were very complicated.
    After that I was invited to personal interviews. They lasted 1 day. First round was in the morning. Everyone was friendly, they put me in a room, then a consultant came, we had a nice chat, then he asked me about my background and to describe a situation when I had a disagreement with somebody. Then it was a case study (how to maximalize a value of a company, and a profitability analysis), and my questions in the end. As soon as I finished this one another consultant came. The second case was on a tablet. It surprised me a lot.
    I got a great feedback and in the afternoon I took part in the second round. This one was with the partners. They were friendly, however extremely demanding. They expected me to do super quick calculations from my head, not even using the paper. Their cases were much more demanding and when reaching a conclusion there was always something tricky that could be easily overlooked.
    Overall, it was a positive, however, very exhausting experience.
    There were more interviews on that day but I did not have a chance to meet other candidates, they kept us in separate rooms.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you took on a leading role
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years
      Why our company   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in February 2018.

Interview

Three 1 hour interviews, starting with personal question followed by 30 min interview led case and time for questions. Cases were based on real examples and a lot of context was given. Interview was over conference call because I applied to a different office than the city i was in

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a standard fit interview and a case study. The interview was quite rigorous - the interviewer asked me detailed questions on my resumé and past experience that is relevant to McKinsey, and behavioural questions. The study case was a basic case on profit problems. Just make sure you have practiced your mental math.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in November 2011.

Interview

2 case interviews mixed with 10 minutes behavioral each and a written test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a specific conversation you had with a friend where you had to persuade him or her.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

I applied on McKinsey website, got a call one week after applying. Firstly, I was given language test to check my knowledge, then after a couple of days I had a phone interview, and in 1,5 week onsite interview, where I was asked mostly behavioral questions, also questions about my experience, why did I apply to this position.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questionsm especially such as: how you handle stress, deadlines? You should always provide examples.   Answer Question

See What McKinsey & Company Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Expert Associate Partner in Boston, MA

Pros: “The firm is 100% dedicated to clients - with a value system that stresses putting the client's needs ahead of the firm's. This doesn't mean we just do what the client asks...”“The firm is 100% dedicated to clients - with a value system that stresses putting the client's needs ahead of the firm's. This doesn't mean we just do what the client asks because they pay us for professional advice. Sometimes that advice is telling them bad news or a strategy that might be painful to execute in the short term. The firm is filled with amazing, diverse people at every level. Having joined the firm as a senior expert, after 18 years in the technology sector, I can say that this is very unique. We are called in to help clients with a variety of challenges, but the most rewarding for me is having the ability to use technology to solve really large problems - either at the company, country or global level. McKinsey is able to bring amazingly diverse talents to help solve a problem, while using processes and methodology that has been proven over the past 90+ years. Also, since our people are the jewels of the firm, they treat us very well. Great benefits packages, travel accommodations and ample opportunity for training and career expansion. Finally, the company commits to good citizenship, with net carbon footprint of zero since 2018 and a commitment to many philanthropic efforts.” – Full Review