McKinsey & Company Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3,177 of over 3.2K interviews

Employee Referral9%
3.7
HardAverageEasy

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

As an experienced hire, McKinsey kindly arranged for a ten interviews with associates, partners and a couple of senior partners/ directors. I didn’t know at the time but they arranged my schedule because they had a partners meeting on the same day and tried to accomodate my desire to join because I had job offers from other companies but wanted a chance to join the firm. All interviews were different but most conducted case method and problem solving interviews. Really enjoyed meeting all the talented members and was a bit worn out at the end. Very impressive individuals with very diverse experiences. Thought I did alright but wasn’t sure whether they would extend an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Q. I have a client who is a major leading global airline. They established a rewards program that initially worked well for loyalty but competitive airline programs eroded the value and effectiveness. What would advise my client to examine and consider doing.
    Answer Question
24 people found this interview helpful

McKinsey & Company

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

First they send you a link to complete an online assessment that has multiple games in it and you need to complete the tasks according to given instructions. Then they invite you for a personal interview where you need to give an example of a time in which you demonstrated the asked skill, and then solve a case study. I had two consecutive interviews. In the second one there was only a case study.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

The final round was 3 sets of interviews, each with a case and behavioral part. All interviews were with either Associate Partners or Partners. While intense, the interviewers made me feel comfortable throughout.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where you had to persuade a team member.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Youngstown, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Youngstown, NY)

Interview

Initially there is a screening process. Following the screening process there are three rounds of interviews. The initial one is with business analysts and the last two with executives. Overall a pleasant experience. I wasn't accepted and received a feedback on my application.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

Lengthy and thorough - McK seeks to deeply vet potential on analytical and conceptual thinking. 2 screening interviews, followed by multiple case interviews that required significant amount of preparation. The process was fair, but challenging - a large time and effort commitment is required.

Interview Questions
  • Describe how you’ve dealt with disagreement with a co worker. What was the situation and how was it resolved?

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

I have got the hacker rank assessment and it was pretty easy. it was a gaming challenge that was very easy to perform and had a proper gaming interface and didn't need any kind of coding to perform it.

Interview Questions
  • Gaming challenge on hackerrank which had a proper gaming interface

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, San Jose, San Jose

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (San Jose, San Jose, San Jose) in May 2021

Interview

Multiple Interviews, each interview with two stages, a personal experience first stage, based on work experience, each interview had a different approach, and a case related part with arithmetic problems.

Interview Questions
  • Mention a disagreement issue related experience, and how did you solved it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY) in May 2021

Interview

Online Assessment for the Data Engineer position. This is the first step in the interview process after submitting the application. The total duration of the test is 125 minutes. I had 5 questions. (2-database, 2-coding, 1-managing scenario)

Interview Questions
  • 1.) Email your senior asking for her help to resolve the conflicts within your team
  • 2.) Write an HTTP GET method to retrieve information from an article database.
  • 3.) Print the name & salary of the professor who is not working in Arts department & salary is higher than the professor salary in Arts department
  • 4.) Print name whose name has less than 7 character
  • 5.) Determine the minimum absolute difference between two elements in the array & print all the respective pairs

McKinsey & Company

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

Initial talk with HR, 4 x PEI and case interiews, where two were with partners Overall great support throughout and they scheduled a case prep session with an alumni I New York to help me prepare

Interview Questions
  • What was a time where you overcame a great challenge? (And deep follow up questions on my role, why it mattered, what the impact of my actions were)

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

Complicated and time-consuming, yet really challenging. It is a really great company with a lot of very talented people. The company does a lot of excellent values and does a lot of amazing things.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,177 Interviews