McKinsey & Company Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3,983 of over 3,983.0 interviews

Employee Referral9%
3.7
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zagreb

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Zagreb)

Interview

It was an hour and a half interview. The first part was about personal achievements and the second was the case study. It is necessary to prepare for both parts and come up with personal achievements in advance as they expect that you did something special.

Interview Questions
  • Name a few examples where you had to overcome difficult situations.
    Answer Question

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

Prima Intervista Attitudinale con un membro del team HR, poi 2 Business Cases con 2 partner differenti. I casi erano basati su clienti reali dell'azienda, o comunque erano approssimati, non erano scenari fantasiosi come in altre interviste di consulenza. Il mio colloquio era per l'ufficio di Milano.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about McKinsey & Company

Join the conversation on

Consulting

341K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=McKinsey & Company~2893
Join the conversation on

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

Personal Experience Questions and Maths questions. 40 percent personal experience and 60 percent maths. There were two interviewers who each asked both types of questions. Each interview lasted around 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

A really clear and well structured interview process, I was provided with a buddy to assist in interview technique. The team were accommodating with allowing all the interviews to take place online.

Interview Questions
  • Provide us with an example of a time where you managed a diverse team

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

In person computer test, international, referred back to first choice country Round 1, two case+fit interviews by Manager level, in person Round 2, two case+fit interviews at Principal and Partner level, in person

Interview Questions
  • Profitability Case Operations case fit along typical McKinsey valurs

McKinsey & Company

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

Three rounds total: 1st round phone screen with HR (15 min); 2nd round virtual with hiring manager (45 min); 3rd round virtual with hiring managers for different locations (45 min)

Interview Questions
  • 1st round: What is your understanding of the role? Talk through how your past 3 or so roles related to this position. Why are you interested in this job? What are your salary expectations?
  • 2nd round: Why now / this position? What would be most exciting & most challenging to you about the role? Give an example of when you're at your best >> when you're coaching, dealing w/ ambiguity, standing ground. Scenario question of how you would advise someone on a specific decision.
  • 3rd round: some overlap with 2nd round, but more behavioral questions that connected to aspects of the role/skills needed.
2 people found this interview helpful

McKinsey & Company

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

Tough but to be expected. Have to prepare a lot. Not so much about how capable you are but how prepared you are. Kind of stupid. Don’t underestimate PEI even if you have to make some of the stuff up

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

McKinsey & Company

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

You will receive email confirming your application and inviting you booking of appointment for phone interview but you must complete the Online assessment which comprise of English language, critical thinking, attention to details and general knowledge. After that stage will be the virtual interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

PEI and Case Study. Technical questions around resume. Problem solving tested and organizational behavior questions. Projects and skills in depth questions. Case Study round - interviewee led. Questions on assumptions taken with reasoning.

Interview Questions
  • How did you handle disagreement in the workplace or professional scenario with examples.

McKinsey & Company

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

Foi longo, de grande aprendizado… foi a minha última entrevista antes de começar a empreender por ter me dado diversos insights. Cheguei na fase de entrevistas final e o Feedback foi de grande valia.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,983 Interviews

McKinsey & Company Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at McKinsey & Company as 66.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.73 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Business Analyst and Consultant rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Associate and Associate Consultant roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at McKinsey & Company takes an average of 36 days when considering 2,901 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Consultant had the quickest hiring process (on average 28 days), whereas Associate roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 38 days).

Common stages of the interview process at McKinsey & Company according to 2,901 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 29.58%