McKinsey & Company Summer Associate (Management Consultant) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKinsey & Company Summer Associate (Management Consultant) Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

3.7

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

2 first round on-campus - behavioral questions first followed by case interviews. Leadership experience, challenging situation, persuading someone. Be sure to have good stories and be ready to share the details when being pressed further. Cases were tough, required a lot of mental math. Always speak out the logic and don't hesitate to ask for a minute if it helps you give better and more logical responses.

3 final round interviews in office - with two partners and one senior director. Great learning and humbling experience. Cases were a good chance to showcase your thinking process. Once you get to this stage, it means you have beat a lot of highly qualified candidates and you have solid skills. Enjoy the final rounds. Stay humble, be coachable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

All MBA SUMMER ASSOCIATES GET SAME OFFERS

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

I spent several weeks networking with many people at McKinsey, getting to know the culture, the work-life balance, project placement, etc before I even submitted my application. After I received the interview invitation, I spent several additional weeks running cases with some of the people I had previously met, which helped me feel much more comfortable about the interview process. During the first round of interviews, they had me meet with 2 different people. One was a former associate and one was a current engagement manager. Each interview consisted of an indepth discussion about 1 job related experience I have had. They then went into a case, which had me develop strategies for the companies presented.

Interview Questions

• The case used the iPad and made the exhibits interactive. It was very interesting, but it threw me for a loop, because of the way that the information was laid out.   Answer Question

Summer Associate (Management Consultant) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in November 2013.

Interview

This was for the sophomore program. They send you a lot of material to help you prepare and put you into contact with a person working at McKinsey to help you with any questions. Then you have two behavioral interviews and case studies, followed by a test. If you pass that round, you are offered an interview at one of your chosen offices.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself." Have like an elevator pitch or a short narrative that tells your story.   Answer Question