McKinsey & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 16, 2017
1,788 Interview Reviews

3.8

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Overall, it was an amazing interview process. Would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to join a well renowned consulting firm. You would be a bit jittered by the interview process but it will all turn out good if you are capable of getting in.

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

I sent in my CV and got invited to a PST test. Passed that round. The next round was a video case interview with two associates from 2 offices. Heard back the next working day that I passed and should be interviewed that week. However, did not hear from them for the next 3 months about the last round interview( I call them first and then every two weeks to check the status of the interview. They said that they didn't know when it would happen). At first, it was only 1 interview for the last round. First interviewer was half an hour late and very rushy. Few hours after that interview, I was called about the possibility of another interview three hours after that. Waited for they to call back but no sign, so I called them slightly before 3 hours was over and heard that, yes, there is an interview in less than half an hour. Honestly, I would like to be treated with a little more appreciation.

Interview Questions

• Cost behavior   Answer Question
    • Comment on a very complex, sensitive political, economical situation happened the week before that   Answer Question

Insight Participant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Phone interview. Ask behavior questions and a relatively straightforward case question.

Associate Interview

Interview

Pointers for the process:
    the test is time limited in a way that you cannot answer all the questions. Pace yourself accordingly. The interviewer wants to check your thought process - don't panick, ben calm and be yourself.

Interview Questions

Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Associate Interview

Interview

Very very structured process. First round interviews followed a set pattern, first they ask you about you. They want you to highlight how you have tuned your leadership qualities and can be impactful. Next they walk you through a business case where want you to follow their lead. This helps you focus more on providing your most insightful comments as opposed to keeping an eye on the clock. During the final round interviews, it is more of the same except the fact that because partners are involved, you may get more open-ended questions during the case

Interview Questions

• The case interview was the most difficult as you are expected to think in a structured manner on your feet, on a case that is foreign to you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, I had to accept their standard North American package for associates

Interview

It was extremely well organized and was very indicative of the type of work that I ended up doing as an analyst. Went through three rounds - first round consisted of a written exam and the second and third rounds were conducted on site and consisted of three cases each.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

passed the resume screening, passed the PST, invited to first round interview

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Applied as APD; Took PST, Invited to 2nd round. The Interviewers were helpful and very happy to answer all questions.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Group interview- after the PST, we were presented with 2 cases. pretty straight forward exactly as explained on their website. If you dont answer or make a mistake they will point you out and as you a questions

Interview Questions

• Asked me to do some calculations. should be good with doing math under pressure   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

The whole process is very clear, in the McKinsey style. They tell you every piece of information you need to know, and don't really throw any surprises at you. Also, every person I encountered was extremely nice and personable. Whether you are accepted or now, the process is a valuable growing experience.

One bit of advice - every interaction is actually evaluative on some level. They are watching you from the beginning in order to understand if you'll be safe to put in front of a client, so don't take them literally when they say things are "non-evaluative."

Interview Questions

• I was surprised at the amount of detail they wanted in regards to your answers to the "fit" questions.   Answer Question