McKinsey & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,593 Interview Reviews

3.8

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

It started with an online resume submission. I received an email saying they would review it. About two later I received an email asking for a phone interview. It was about 20 minutes. Then I was invited via email for an in office assessment. I was contacted 2 days later for an interview. It was speed dating style. First I interviewed with 2 people for 15 minutes then another 2 then one more. I liked that style, not as intimidating. I was contacted within the time frame provided with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was honest about what I wanted and they gave me what I asked for. Do your research on average compensation.

Summerfor GC Offices Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

2 back to back interviews in the morning, and 2 more in the afternoon. All interviews were with partners from GC offices. Each one was conducted in same format, one behavioral question and one case.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you showed your leadership skill. Tell me a time you made an impact. Tell me a time you faced a challenge and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Remote, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

Finish an online test about verbal and quantitative test. After two weeks, HR schedule a phone interview about the resume questions. Then a phone interview of case analysis is scheduled.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY).

Interview

3 rounds of 2 case interviews with almost no anticipation for scheduling. All of this after passing the exam. The key of this process for them is that you don't have time to prepare for the interview once they've screened you and scored your exam.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe in detail my biggest carreer fail   1 Answer

Mckinsey Solutions - Expert Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, basic screening after which I spoke with the hiring manager. After which I was told that the hiring manager liked me but due to internal movements they will hold off on anything for a couple of months. I was not actively searching so had no issue going on pause.

About 2 months later I was contacted again and the process started from step 1.

General screen
    Role discussion with hiring manager
    Skills discussion with a peer
    Quantitative reasoning online skills test
    Verbal reasoning online skills test
    Writing sample
    Sample presentation
    Interview with another leader

There were other steps which I did not go through.

Another interview with a team member
    Onsite final interview with a partner

I ended the interviews due to unexpected family needs which meant I could not be in a traveling role for some time. I was fairly disheartened when I had to withdraw from the process and communicate that. to the team. Great company, everyone was a class act. I could see myself working with that team. Maybe another day.

Interview Questions

Interview

Very well structured. All interviewers were very friendly and helped when I was going on a different direction. Cases were different in topic and in difficulty. 1st round interviews were more quantitative and 2nd round ones more qualitative (but I think that's not always the case). I didn't have much time for questions at the end.

Learning and Development Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY).

Interview

The process took about a month. There was a call in the beginning then I was invited to on-site recruitment day. First round consisted of tests and 2 one-hour interview next round was a conference call with partners.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioural questions based on experience e.g. Describe the time when you had a conflict within your team and how did you solve it? Describe the time when you have been entrepreneurial and developped something new.   Answer Question

Visual Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY).

Interview

The process work for me like this:

1- English test
    2- image test
    3- Power point and Excel test
    4- teamwork test
    5- 2 more interviews (with different people)

The whole process took 3 weeks

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

First round of on campus interviews (two interviews that include questions about myself and a case)
    Last round included interviews with three principals at the office that I applied to that lasted about an hour each(each interview consisted of questions about my leadership and teamwork in addition to a case in each one). The last round interviews were very different that cases and questions that I had prepped beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Typical PEI questions about leadership, conflict, teams, etc.   Answer Question

Digital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I got an email for an online case study workshop which was followed by a phone interview. The recruiter was really considerate about my schedule and was flexible to accommodate my availability.

Interview Questions

• A case scenario was described which was followed by 3 questions on the scenario.   Answer Question