McKinsey & Company Junior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKinsey & Company Junior Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

3.9

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

The whole process is challenging as you would expect:
- Starts with a math test. It is as difficult or perhaps more than the numerical bit from the GMAT
- 2-3 rounds of 2-3 interviews
- Each interview has a case and a personal component.

Interview Questions

• Perhaps the most difficult bit is the numerical exam at the beginning. Make sure you practice just to avoid typical errors. Also be strategic, if a question is to difficult dont spend too much time in it (as in the GMAT) given that the test is timed.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (London, England (UK)).

Interview

PST and a game. Very hard to prepare for, very short time given, need quick maths. Was invited for the firs round of interview. Was not invited to a second (final round). In interview, two separate 30min interviews with consultants.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the difficult situation you had to resolve   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The company is very upfront about what to expect and helps your make sure your are able to bring your best to the interview. You need to go through a maths test and three rounds of case interviews.

Junior Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

In total 5 interviews with consultants working at McKinsey. Each interview assessed a personal quality (leadership, drive, personal impact) as well as an oral case interview. In the personal quality piece you are expected to describe a situation where you have shown the specific quality and the interviewer will then dig deep into the situation by asking you a set of follow-up questions. Make sure to think through the stories beforehand and analyze them so that you are prepared.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a situation where you had to make a group work effectively together?
      Can you describe a situation where you had to overcome an obstacle?
      Can you describe a situation where you had to convince a group of people that disagreed with you?   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

There were two interviews with engagement managers in round 1 (first half personal experience, second half case based) and 3 partner interviews in round two (same format as round 1)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you dealt with conflict in a team   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Interview

Very tough (I should probably say mean) first round interview. I had two separate case-based interviews, one with an Engagement Manager and the other with an Associate Partner. The cases themselves were interesting and not terribly tough, the calculations part was lengthy but not very hard in itself. However, the pressure I was put under while performing the calculations, often being interrupted and asked to hurry up, made me feel uneasy and ultimately resulted into me making minor math mistakes. The feedback I got was that despite very good case structuring and interpersonal skills, and a solid understanding of the two different industries the cases were focused on, the math mistakes had spoiled the performance so I ended up being rejected.

Interview Questions

• Can you come up with an alternative product offering to the one we have just discussed (sort of a twist as we had been doing the math on a product range hypothesis the client company was considering introducing)?   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New Delhi (India)) in October 2018.

Interview

A short series of interviews involving questions of fit and problem solving. They didn't seem to make much effort however. Seemed like the first 5 minutes was when they decided, and just sought to retrieve m reinforce that further.

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was invited for testing in Europe, 2 weeks after applying, but took the test in Africa as I had relocated.
    The PST was intense, and I learnt the casing on my own.

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to set up the interview date and I had 2 interviews lasting about 50 minutes each with managers composed of 5 min introduction, 15 mins personal experience, and 30 minutes business case.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where your contribution in a team was fundamental for the successful completion of the project.
      Tell me about a situation where you were in disagreement with your team and you managed to change their mind.   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Interview

Very friendly interviewers. They really guided me through the case study. A lot more focus on the personal aspect than I had expected. Don't be worried if you can't wrap the case.

Interview Questions

• What would you have done differently in XYZ situation?   1 Answer