McKinsey & Company Junior Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKinsey & Company Junior Research Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

3.8

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in June 2015.

Interview

You first apply online. then you get invited to write the PST ( Mckinsey problem solving test) which is a 1 hour 30 min test on problem solving. if you pass that test you get invited to a coaching session where you are coached on how to do a case interview and how to answer personal experience interviews, htis is not tested. you then get invited to the first round of case interviews with potential collegues or team leaders, three 1 hour interviews back to back. if your're succesfull you will get invited to 2 back to back case interviews with partners of the firm.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Interview

It took many interviews and phone calls, and the interviews were difficult and stressful, it was about three interviews and four or five phone calls to discuss with different people in the company about the job

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangkok (Thailand)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Bangkok (Thailand)) in May 2015.

Interview

- Background interview on phone; they prefer candidates who graduate from a top rank university and very high GPA. (I was asked if I'm a GPA 4.00 student or not..)
    - 1-2 weeks for Background check
    - Received a call for Problem Solving Test (PST) at the local office, materials for preparation can be found via the company website.

Interview Questions

• - 3 sets of data were given, time limit: 1 hour.
      - 23 questions to solve (both qualitative and quantitative)   1 Answer

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Prague (Czech Republic)).

Interview

First part: test of analytical skills (not PST) - 3 parts: IQ test, short essay about dis/advantages of my country for foreign investors and short summary about a company for a possible buyer based on given information
    Second part: round of interviews with two members of RA department and one communication specialist
    Third part: another round of interviews (didn't get there)

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Did the Problem Solving Test and 3 rounds of case interviews in Jakarta Indonesia. Mostly were estimation questions (all 3 rounds) and more marketing-oriented questions as opposed to Business Analyst interview questions.

Interview Questions

• No questions should be unexpected if you prepare from the materials on their website. You can also try and ask for a coach   Answer Question

Negotiation

They would ask you for your expectation before stating their offer.

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)) in April 2011.

Interview

First I had to do an English test, later an analytical test and once I passed those, I was called for the first round of interviews. At that time they were 3 interviews. Once I passed that stage I was called for final interviews, those were 5

Interview Questions

• For example and interesting and unexpected question was: How many pigs are there in China?   Answer Question

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied through recruiter, 1 writing test and 6 rounds of 1:1 interviews.
    Interviews lasts around 30 minutes, with both behavior questions(around 20 minutes) and case questions (less than 15 minutes). the cases are very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What are the ways to forecast the demand of steel in China?   Answer Question

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Istanbul (Turkey)) in March 2014.

Interview

Almost the same with consultancy process, you will need to bevery well prepared both for calculation and case structuring. Pst is not extremely difficult but for sure needs more time than given

Interview Questions

• There is 1 pst, and 4-5 separate case interviews. 1 with research leader/manager and the rest with ap s and partners   1 Answer

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

1 analytic test
    3 case studies
    10 conversations
    First was analytic test, after this, 2 talks with recruiters. Next day results.
    Week later 4 conversations, 2 with recruiters, 2 with team members across the world, by Video Conference.(Xmas approched)
    Some time later 4 next talks, with managers, and chiefs of continental and world groups. And with team members.

After this work offer.

Same questions repeated frequently. Analytic skills needed, and intelligence.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging situation in your life, how you get out?   Answer Question

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Warsaw (Poland)) in March 2012.

Interview

First McK test, then case studies and "real life situations" description.Quite complex and very strict but fun and engaging at the same time. Honestly, the most demanding interviews I ever had (especially case study) but also very professional and fair. I did recruitment myself at McK and have to admit that the company puts a lot of effortt to ensure process is fair and objective. Decisions are always very quick (usually right after the interview) and you always get a feedback. I encourage to ask questions like "what could I improve next time" once the decision is communicated to you. I would also recommend to spend time on preparation before you attend interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Questions related to case study 2. Eg. describe a situation where you had to convince a group to certain action.   1 Answer