McKinsey & Company Junior Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKinsey & Company Junior Research Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

3.8

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

5 Rounds were conducted that included CV shortlisting , PST , HR+ Technical Interview , Technical Interview ( case study and guesstimate and Video call Interview. Overall great learning experience.

Interview Questions

• Any particular situation where you dealt with conflict? How did you resolved it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

I had 2 interview rounds á three hours each with case interviews. I only met my team during the interview and not the HR manager, which was a bit weird. However, the questions was mostly based on market estimation interviews and they were really nice.

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New Delhi (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

CV screening, academic track records, pre-placement talk, preplacement aptitude test followed by 3 stage one-on-one interviews revolving around HR fit, technical stream based questions, and general awareness. The test was similar to the one in the PST App with case study interpretation questions and a Statement of Purpose to be written.

Interview Questions

• 3 failures, successes,Economics, Accountancy, News, Guesstimates ( no. of Huggies diaperssold in Delhi in a month ), Investor Pitch and a stream of CV based questions.   Answer Question

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wrocław (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Wrocław (Poland)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from a recruiter a few days later. First, I had a standard phone interview, talking about my experience and skills and motivation for changing jobs. Then, at the spot I was offered an on-site interview event a week later, and an online test in between. The event consisted of two interviews. The interviewers were really nice and professional. A couple of days later I got a call inviting me to the second round interviews, which happened later that week. 2 case interviews, very professional interviewers, a nice atmosphere. I got the offer the same day via phone. Overall, it was a really positive experience.

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New Delhi (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

Typically the process has a problem solving test followed by HR interview and multiple rounds of Case Study/Guesstimate interviews. Number of interviews depend on the role and team you apply for, as well as the office that is hiring.

Interview Questions

• Your favourite restaurant's sales are declining. What can be the possible reasons? Give an overview of their operations and some possible reasons for the decline in sales and plausible solutions.   Answer Question

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in April 2017.

Interview

Three rounds interviews, lasting 40 - 60 mins each. For each interview, 50% is behavioral and 50% is technical. I interviewed for S&CF practice, and they asked lots of questions about accounting basics and valuation stuff.

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

The process was aimed at understanding how the candidate thinks. It was fairly diverse, with 5 rounds, and each round completely different. One was a technical round, one a case study, one a pure HR round etc...A great experience for someone just out of college!

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lagunilla, Heredia (Costa Rica)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Lagunilla, Heredia (Costa Rica)) in August 2016.

Interview

Many interviews were required. Extremely nice people from HR, the team and Senior management interviewed me. Mostly not technical skills needed, more oriented towards soft skills and personality, as well as knowledge of business concepts.

Interview Questions

• They set a scenario and asked me to solve the issue the fiction company was having at the time. Something about a diapers company trying to expand their business to most of Latin America.   1 Answer

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in September 2017.

Interview

The process for McKinsey consists in two round interviews. Both with the same format: Personal Experience Interview and Case Interview, the only difference is that in the second round interview, your interviewer will be a senior manager or a partnet and they are definitely testing for your communications skills and capacity for synthesize.

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

The first step of the recruiting process consisted of two online verbal and numerical assessment tests. After passing these tests, I had a call interview with a senior analyst about personal experience and general financial knowledge. A few weeks later I was invited to the office for 3 rounds of case interviews.

Overall the recruiting process was an incredible experience. The HR Recruiters and Interviewers at McKinsey really want candidates to succeed and provide you with all the support and information to best prepare for each step. This high level professionalism really makes McKinsey to stand out from other management consulting firms.

Interview Questions

• - McKinsey's Personal Experience Interview (PEI) questions.
      - Questions related to cases.   Answer Question