McKinsey & Company Junior Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKinsey & Company Junior Research Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

3.8

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

The first step of the recruiting process consisted of two online verbal and numerical assessment tests. After passing these tests, I had a call interview with a senior analyst about personal experience and general financial knowledge. A few weeks later I was invited to the office for 3 rounds of case interviews.

Overall the recruiting process was an incredible experience. The HR Recruiters and Interviewers at McKinsey really want candidates to succeed and provide you with all the support and information to best prepare for each step. This high level professionalism really makes McKinsey to stand out from other management consulting firms.

Interview Questions

• - McKinsey's Personal Experience Interview (PEI) questions.
    - Questions related to cases.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Budapest (Hungary)) in January 2018.

Interview

1) Problem Solving Test - 60 minutes, easier than a GMAT (I prepared using the examples from their official website)
    2) Case interviews - I had 3 (each on a different day, lasting one hour). First two were structured cases, the last one was less structured and it involved market sizing and guestimate questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you estimate the pizza market size in New York?   Answer Question

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Chennai (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

This was a campus selection. First they shortlisted the CV. Second they conducted a case study screening test. Third - technical round. Fourth - HR round1, Fifth HR round- 2, Sixth - HR round 3.

Interview Questions

• How many tea shops you think are there in Chennai?   2 Answers
    • Differentiate 5 factorial (5!)   1 Answer
    • Tell us about yourself   1 Answer

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Milan (Italy)) in February 2019.

Interview

Numerical and verbal reasoning test followed by business case interview and PEI questions. Both tests together took 40 minutes while the interview lasted approximately one hour. The interviewers were very nice and overall it was a great experience.

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in September 2017.

Interview

Sehr angenehm.
    3 Einzelgespraeche mit Reserachern aus dem betreffenden, wie auch anderen Bereichen.

Jedes Gespraech bestand typischerweise aus Fragen zu meinem Werdegang, einem Erfahrungsgespraech, einer Case-study sowie abschliessender Fragen.

Die Gespraeche waren sehr angenehm, die Case-studies zielten mehr auf Allgemeinverstaendnis als auf Grosse haendische Rechenkuenste ab.

Interview Questions

• Nennen Sie eine Situation, in der es schwierig war ihr gegenueber von einem Standpunkt zu ueberzeugen.   Answer Question

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Es gab eine kurze Vorstellungsrunde, und um meine Motivation für McKinsey zu arbeiten. Dann ging es direkt mit einem Fragenkatalog zum Thema Versicherungen weiter. Im Speziellen zu Lebensversicherungen. Es ging hierbei um reines Abfragen von Wissen.

Interview Questions

• Aktuelle Probleme der Versicherungsbranche, und mögliche Lösungen? Welche Probleme treffen im Speziellen auf Lebensversicherer zu?   Answer Question