McKinsey & Company Interview Questions in Sao Paulo, Brazil | Glassdoor

McKinsey & Company Interview Questions in Sao Paulo, Brazil

4.0

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in March 2016.

Interview

Total of four interviews with no coherence. Different topics and very few focus on the job itself and its duties. They always try to measure your knowledge through some case studies. Interesting that there is an industry of educating people for those case interviews.

Interview Questions

• Case interview, they provide a corportae case with a problem asking fpr possible solutions.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and some weeks after the screening I was invited for the McKinsey PST. It is relatively difficult and mandatory to pass in order to get to the interviews. They replied a few hours after the test with the positive result. The 1st round interviews was finally scheduled for around 4 weeks later after some conflicts in both our agendas. They are very nice and supportive about this. My 1st round consisted of 2 Personal + Case Interviews (one in english) followed by some group dynamics. I was caught a bit off-guard by the group dynamics, since there was not much information around about it and therefore not much to prepare for. I did great on the case interviews (hard skills) but not so well on the dynamic (mostly soft skills). A few days later they told me I was not invited for a 2nd round. They were very supportive and really cared for everything you had to say, and also provided a nice feedback. Tip for the group dynamics: just be very 'diplomatic' and polite, compliment the other people's ideas and don't feel rushed to bring solutions. There is no expected right answer here.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in June 2012.

Interview

Lots of case studies and very MBA focused. You need to practice, practice, practice. Ideally get a friend who is from mcKinsey or from another consultancy to practice case interviews and the main questions that will probably be asked. You will probably go to five or six interviews before getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• Two or three case studies plus fit questions like strenghts, improvement opportunities, mentioning a difficult problem you ad to solve, etc.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in August 2011.

Interview

The process is as follows: first cv screening, then if you are selected an aptitude test. If that goes through there come the interviews: three interviews in the first round and two in the second round. Each interview has two parts: one on your experience and one that is a case.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in January 2011.

Interview

Case study interview. Always talk to existing consultants for guidance and mock interviews

Interview Questions

• Just to cases and remember a good leadership story. Please do verify that story with existing consultants   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It is fixed