McKinsey & Company Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKinsey & Company Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

by mid-January: Submit resume and cover letter through university recruiting website

by late-January: McKinsey notifies you by email that you've been invited to interview. They give you one week's notice. The first round of interviews includes:

a one-hour, 26-question multiple choice test. Not knowledge specific, but I recommend doing a practice one before hand so you're up to speed with doing math quickly and ready to recognize where some of the questions are headed.

The next day you have face-to-face case interviews - two, each one lasting for one hour. You introduce yourself, launch right into a business case for 40 minutes or so, and conclude by discussing one in-depth personal anecdote that illuminates your leadership qualities.

As far as the cases go, McKinsey's have a certain flavor. Start out broadly, then the interviewer will guide you to a specific, number driven problem, then you back up and discuss implications.

Interview Questions

• about a commercial bank - where to expand client base? Among wealthy clients or students?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

McKinsey worked hart to ensure that every interviewee had a positive interview experience - they assigned buddies who can offer you insider's view about the company and case coaches who you can practice a mock case with. First round was in SF office with 1 problem solving test and 2 interviews, both with 1 behavioral question and a case. Final round was in Palo Alto, with 3 one on one interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Got past the screener interview at my school but failed the quant exam at the office

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Informed by a recruiter to take a paper-based test on site, which was followed by two rounds of group case interviews. The test was pretty challenging and it decides whether a candidate could make it to the next round. My feel is that there was no clear cut-off point for the test. Whether you can pass the first round is also dependent on how your competitors perform on the day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online through their website. I attended an interview at their office a couple weeks later. There were two behavioral interviews that ended with a case at the end of both.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2017.

Interview

Wonderful interview experience. Two interviews during the first round, and three back-to-back interviews for the final round. All interviews included a fit portion (PEI) and a case. My interviewers were kind, and the cases were very collaborative. I would advise candidates to ask for clarification if needed...one of the final round cases included a math question which apparently tripped most candidates up. When I was asked to calculate xx, I had no idea what to do. But I asked for clarification about xx and my interviewer's explanation revealed the next steps very clearly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to complete a difficult task on a tight deadline.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

Hackerrand. 3 questions: first one. rotate array second one. structure query language third one. global variable. only figure out first one, good game. Did not hear back yet, I suppose I failed

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a behavioral interview followed by a case interview. For the final round, I spoke with three members of the office for an hour each. This was more behavioral based than I expected and I did not take the PST.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for Istanbul Office in 2016. First part back to back two interviews both personal & case. One case about market entry other on market sizing. After they told me that I am staying for the second round with a partner 10 mins after first part, again personal and case plus a brainteaser. 10 mins after that interview they called me in for a test which was 1 hour long 3 long readings and average 6 multiple choice questions, it was difficult to focus on readings after going through 3 interviews.

Interview Questions

• 3rd case, the one with the partner had 4-5 graphs and tables.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

This process was very stressful, however, they did a good job of providing you with support throughout the process. They provided you with lots of FaceTime with consultants even if you knew no one at the company. However, it was difficult to find practice cases besides the few on their website that aligned with McKinseys specific style.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work in a team and one member was being difficult   Answer Question