McKinsey & Company Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKinsey & Company Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

3.6

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Had an interview on campus followed by an on-site interview. Usually they'll ask you behaviourals before diving into the case study. You do this once with one interviewer, have a 5 min break, and do this again with another interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome a challenge.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

In person interview was a mix of personal experience and consulting cases. first round interviews take place at the closest mckinsey office and the second round takes place at the office you applied for. Everyone is super nice and welcoming and they tell you your interviewer when you arrive.

Interview Questions

• their cases are quite unique and do not easily fall into the traditional categories of "M&A" or "market sizing" or "profit.   2 Answers

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

This process was very stressful, however, they did a good job of providing you with support throughout the process. They provided you with lots of FaceTime with consultants even if you knew no one at the company. However, it was difficult to find practice cases besides the few on their website that aligned with McKinseys specific style.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work in a team and one member was being difficult   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2017.

Interview

Wonderful interview experience. Two interviews during the first round, and three back-to-back interviews for the final round. All interviews included a fit portion (PEI) and a case. My interviewers were kind, and the cases were very collaborative. I would advise candidates to ask for clarification if needed...one of the final round cases included a math question which apparently tripped most candidates up. When I was asked to calculate xx, I had no idea what to do. But I asked for clarification about xx and my interviewer's explanation revealed the next steps very clearly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to complete a difficult task on a tight deadline.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

Hackerrand. 3 questions: first one. rotate array second one. structure query language third one. global variable. only figure out first one, good game. Did not hear back yet, I suppose I failed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Cambridge, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewers were friendly, quick process of 2 wks. I applied through my college's recruitment program and interviewed (first round) on campus. It was 2 x 45 minute interviews, both half behavioral, half case. Good experience overall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Baltimore, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. The interview included two behavioral interviews and two case studies that were very Math Heavy as applied for GCI Analytics branch of the company. Overall, the experience was stressful but positive.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to convince someone in a team setting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for Istanbul Office in 2016. First part back to back two interviews both personal & case. One case about market entry other on market sizing. After they told me that I am staying for the second round with a partner 10 mins after first part, again personal and case plus a brainteaser. 10 mins after that interview they called me in for a test which was 1 hour long 3 long readings and average 6 multiple choice questions, it was difficult to focus on readings after going through 3 interviews.

Interview Questions

• 3rd case, the one with the partner had 4-5 graphs and tables.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online through their website. I attended an interview at their office a couple weeks later. There were two behavioral interviews that ended with a case at the end of both.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to walk them through a case.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a behavioral interview followed by a case interview. For the final round, I spoke with three members of the office for an hour each. This was more behavioral based than I expected and I did not take the PST.

Interview Questions

• Case was focused on a travel company.   1 Answer