McKinsey & Company Summer Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKinsey & Company Summer Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

4.0

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Seattle, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

Interview with two analysts on campus, then 3 1:1 interviews on site. received notice the day after.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no opportunity for negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Submitted the written application through my school. I had an interview heard back a few weeks later and had my first round interview a couple of weeks after that. The first round interview was two 30 minute interviews of fit and case questions.

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

While casing was stressful, the process was incredibly organized and predictable. The recruiters were great at answering any questions that came up and the folks giving the interviews were always tough, but helpful in guiding you towards the right answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when... (have lots of stories ready)   Answer Question

Business Analyst (Summer) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2010.

Interview

Really great experience. Once invited to the McKinsey Challenge, you go in the first night for an informal mixer. The second day you're setup into teams and assigned a case to crack. McKinsey consultants are placed in each team room to both help and evaluate you.

They took us to dinner and curling the second day. Winning team got $750 & a bottle of champagne each.

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in March 2018.

Interview

Once i passed the CV screening, immediately was the PST. After PST, there are two rounds of interviews; each consists of two interviews. First round was with EM, while the final round was with associate partners.
    The atmosphere of the interview really depends on the interviewer's style. I would say first round interviews are more typical while final round are basically tailoring to what the partners need and expect.

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in January 2019.

Interview

The process took 2 months. 1 PST (Problem Solving Test) and one digital assessment. 4 Interviews. (2 per round) All one on one interview with senior managers or partners.

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through my school's career center and McKinsey website. Was contacted and went through a practice case with an alum, then had two back to back Skype interviews since I was abroad. Connection and the video software they used were both pretty horrible, and the calls failed multiple times. Interviews were both an in depth personal question followed by a case. Interviewers seemed uninterested and annoyed, and were not who I was told I would be interviewing with. Was called a couple weeks later to say I didn't get the next round, which was unsurprising given the interview quality.

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in March 2017.

Interview

Pretty straightforward process:
    1 - Submit CV (online) and cover letter (optional I guess)
    2 - Numerical Test (1 hour) in their offices
    3 - 2 rounds of interviews in different days (2 interviews each)
    1st round: Associates (Fit / Situational Questions + Case study)
    2nd round (if you're successful in the 1st one): Partners (Personal questions + Case study)

Interview Questions

• Why consulting? Tell me a situation...
      Case study   1 Answer

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

It was one of the most advantageous experience according to interviews I have ever had. It was my first interview, and they gave me a super-useful feedback, as I didn't pass.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and one experience in which you had to lead a project.   Answer Question

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Madrid (Spain)) in December 2016.

Interview

The cases were very easy, basic numbers and calculations. Structure was very important, they asked me to draw and structure my thoughts.

I found the competences part of the interview much more difficult as they asked for a lot of details of only one situation. Prepare what you want to talk about and more importantly how do you want to explain it.