McKinsey & Company Summer Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKinsey & Company Summer Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

4.0

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Online application, numerical test at one European office closest to my place, then flight to the office I applied to, a super-day with 5 interviews.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Interview

It was extremely well organized and was very indicative of the type of work that I ended up doing as an analyst. Went through three rounds - first round consisted of a written exam and the second and third rounds were conducted on site and consisted of three cases each.

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2012.

Interview

2 rounds. First round was 2 cases. Both were medium to medium hard difficulty. Got through to the second round. Went through three case interviews, one with an associate, one with a fairly senior member, and one with region director. For the second round they give you an interview buddy to help you practice. Cases have similar structure to their online practice cases, which is different from the style done at BCG where I also interviewed. I personally find the McKinsey ones easier because they provide more structure.

Interview Questions

• Cases varied in difficulty from medium to hard.   1 Answer

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Two interviews, both of them walking through a sample case. Everyone was really friendly and did their best to take the pressure off of you. Interviewers were nice, but fair. I thought their hiring methodology is well thought out and developed. The Toronto office is very spacious and the waiting area is well-furnished.

Interview Questions

• There were no real unexpected questions, no "brainteasers" or anything stupid like that.   Answer Question

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online where I was asked to submit my CV and cover letter. Including some other details. I went through individual interview, problem solving and case study presentation. My case study was on an oil and gas company wanting to start a new business in a new country.

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

I applied for the position of Summer Business Analyst. The interview process consisted of 2 rounds in which each time 3 interviews were conducted. First round was with less senior people than the second round (where all 3 were partners). As expected a strong focus was put on the case, yet the personal interview questions were equally important in my opinion. Interviewers were very nice and made me feel comfortable right away. Good luck!

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company in June 2012.

Interview

I completed McKinsey's test in which you have to score above 50% and passed it. The test seemed to be composed of pretty much very difficult questions with doses of added ambiguity, I usually have a solid gut feeling when it comes to these tests but had literally no idea how I did here.

The next step was the interview phase during which I completed three interviews in one day. Each consisted of a background chat, the most interesting of which was with a former clinical psychology PhD - only later did I realize I was being evaluated in ways beyond my imaginations here:) The cases themselves were not as difficult as with BCG where you are given a very brief intro to the problem and left to venture wherever you deem fit. McK consultants guide you through the process to places where they want you to go and explore. I had one life situation based case (guess with whom), a simple banking/interest case with one of the partners and an operations/process case with charts handed to me with a more junior consultant.

I was told to re-apply without getting the offer due to lack of maturity, which I later realized, despite being disappointed, was fair. The whole process was fine but they do very much keep their distance in communication before and after which I guess is natural given the amount of demand there is.

Interview Questions

• Background info, why consulting, one case with each of the three interviewers. One case operations/process improvement/bottleneck removal; another case asking what sort of interest I should charge as a bank given that I expect some default rate from a random hundred clients which I cannot screen for credit quality (follow up question of how I would screen for credit quality); third case cost-benefit analysis for life from doing an MBA.   Answer Question

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (London, England (UK)).

Interview

2 interviews, 20 min fit and 40 min case. I was told that I failed on count of the fact that my fit was not adequate, my maths was a little slow and I wasn't creative enough with offering a solution - I was too stuck to frameworks. Essentially I had practice far too much in getting the frameworks right and not spent enough time on the other things - when they are not even that important. Useful to just think up logical frameworks.

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

A previous exam to access your math and logical skills and a bit of business. Then two pair of interviews with case studies and a personal part where they ask you about specific situation where you have shown some qualities that they want in their employees.Then another 2 interviews with management level consultants where they are trying to figure out if you really the right person and you capability to think out of the box

Interview Questions

• List all the revenue sources of different types of business under pressure   Answer Question

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Lisbon (Portugal)) in March 2016.

Interview

First I took the Problem Solving Test. The following day I got a call saying I had passed, but my first round interviews were only about 2 weeks later. It consisted of two interviews, similar but with different employees. About 20 min of personal questions (specifically on situations in which I had to demonstrate the skills they are looking for - drive, entrepreneurship, leadership), and 20 min solving a case.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation in which you had to solve a conflict.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a situation in which you set a goal and how you achieved it.   Answer Question