McKinsey & Company Summer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McKinsey & Company Summer Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

4.0

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

I went through two rounds of interviews, first was with consultants at a local office. The second round was more challenging and help with partners at my first choice office.

Interview Questions

• Standard case interview questions   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview focused on behavior questions mainly. They probed into details of what you spoke to whom and what was the impact of the actions. Each fifty-minute interview consisted of a behavior question and a case interview question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you demonstrated leadership under pressure   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Interview

Got invited to an on-site interview. Had great conversations with two interviewers talking about personal experience and business situations. The interviewers are genuinely good people and the firm lives up to its good reputation on recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• I am not really allowed to say the details of the interviewing questions, but let's just say that when I was talking through a problem I got challenged on a point that I made. I thought I was generating a creative idea and felt good about what I said, but the interviewer disliked my idea and thought it to be conceptually wrong. It was a difficult situation for me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Dallas, TX) in October 2018.

Interview

Two interviews in the first round and four in the final round. First rounds were at my university and finals were at the office. Each interview consisted of a PEI (Personal Experience Interview) or "fit" portion and a case. Cases were very quantitative and involved charts/graphs.

Interview Questions

• PEI - Tell me about a time you had to work with a group to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Lisbon (Portugal)) in March 2014.

Interview

1. Assessment test with multiple choice done in English
    2. Round 1 of Interviews (Two parts: The first one personal questions as in a fit interview, the second one related to a case; There are two interviewers that come in one after other)
    3. Round 2 of Interviews

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

1st round, 2 case interviews, they asked about tell us a team you lead a team and did something great,. the 2nd person asked about tell us a time you worked with a team and turned out great. and got 2 case itnerviews about market entry and competition.

Interview Questions

• 1st person asked about team work, 2nd person asked about leadership   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, sat Problem Solving Test then was invited to first round of interview. The whole process lasted roughly 3 months. Had 2 interview sessions, each with a personal experience part and a case study part.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Madrid (Spain)) in November 2017.

Interview

The test is quite hard, because of the little time given (26 questions in 60 minutes). The first-round interviews are fun to do, but one must be 100% focused all the time. Every little mistake or doubt can get you out of the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you set a goal and you achieved it   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (London, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

PST + Digital Game assessment followed by 2 rounds of in person interviews. Interviews comprised of behavioral and case study components. 60 minutes total per interview, 15-20 minutes behavioral, rest case study.

Interview Questions

• What are the key factors relevant to our client looking to increase their revenue?   Answer Question