McLagan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McLagan Interview Questions

Updated Jan 8, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McLagan (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Applied through campus career website, was reached out to for 30 min phone call to learn more about the position, then asked to come in and interview (Stamford, CT). In person interview included multiple interviews with different divisions. Very nice people, felt like they truly wanted to get to know me, hard but expected questions, knowledgeable people, positive experience overall.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at McLagan in July 2016.

Interview

Was contacted a few days after submitting my formal application and resume on Aon's website. Talked to a very helpful HR Coordinator who gave me all the info I needed to do well, and all responses were very prompt. Was brought in a few days later and met with three separate people of different levels, along with the HR Director. Three 30-minute interviews and a short test of Excel knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this company?
      What are you looking for out of a job?
      How would you handle a stressful situation on the job?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McLagan (Stamford, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

Very behavioral, everyone was accepting and seemed interested in talking to me/about McLagan. Brush up on your excel skills because each person will ask about that. Interview can be up to 3 hours long meeting with different analysts and senior managers so be ready for a marathon, but very little to no technical questions besides excel.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one time where you used excel to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Junior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McLagan.

Interview

Three rounds: first met with a manager, second interview with a director and a manager and third with a partner. They ask whether you see yourself more data-oriented or people-oriented. Last round lasted about fifteen minutes only.

Interview Questions

• What motivates people?
      How is performance and reward linked?

Toughest questions was - what was your most favourite holiday?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

First there was a phone interview with basic questions with HR person. I actually got into the second round, went up there for an on-site interview. Besides the regular questions with two member of different teams and the HR person, standard simple interview process

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McLagan.

Interview

Started with a phone interview expaliaing a brief review of the firm. Then I was asked to come in for a on site interview. It took almost a week after the interview in which I recieved my offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with compensation and performance surveys?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McLagan.

Interview

Applied through school service. At first, there was a phone interview with basic questions with HR person. I actually got into the second round, went up there for an on-site interview. Besides the regular questions with two managers and the HR person, I was also asked to show my ability using Excel and then submit a writing sample.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McLagan (Stamford, CT) in March 2012.

Interview

There were three sequential interviews with one Director then an Associate then one Associate and a Senior Analyst. I spoke about my diverse experiences in college writing, editing, managing a small project and fundraising. I received a brain teaser question from an eager Sr. Analyst who wanted to see how good my common sense math was, and I did just fine.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were entrepreneurial.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McLagan (Stamford, CT) in December 2011.

Interview

Phone screening and on-site interview ---- you either have to go to Cornell, Gettysburg, or know someone

low pay

Asset Management Analyst (Reward Consulting) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McLagan (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

one telephone interview, got invited to Face to face interview with a senior partner and associate, general competent based question. Why mclagan? what we do as a company? how you can help us?