McLaren Technology Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McLaren Technology Group Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2017

3.2

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McLaren Technology Group.

Interview

The first stage was an application process, followed by a 30 min phone interview with HR. I then went into the MTC to be interviewed by a senior person from McLaren Marketing and HR.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a senior director to be interviewed for an influential publication if they disagreed?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McLaren Technology Group.

Interview

Initial discussion with HR over the phone, in which they asked very little about me and spoke mainly about the company. Asked that I complete a coding challenge about machine learning. This was followed by a technical interview on the phone.
    Poor communication from HR throughout the process and they took a long time to reply at each stage.

Interview Questions

• Differences between supervised and unsupervised machine learning?
      Who do you look up to in the data science world?
      Describe Bayesian methods. When would they be advantageous?
      Answer Question

Test Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at McLaren Technology Group (Woking, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Long, drawn out and felt like they were making it up as they went along. 3 telephone interviews that felt like each of them were interviewing for a different role and the final one was with a junior contractor who I would end up managing and someone else who used to work in that team 6 months ago. No communication of expected salary, just asked what I was on at the moment. One telephone interviewer was 40 minutes late calling the prescribed number and didn't even apologies for being late.
    8 weeks into the process and they emailed to say I hadn't been successful because they wanted someone who was hands on technical tester even though the role was Test Manager and my CV was clearly at the Senior Test Management level. Unclear what they wanted and wasted 8 weeks of my time telling me something that could have identified after a 10 minute call.

Interview Questions

• What is your favourite type of testing!?!?!? (Very strange question!)   1 Answer
    • Who is my favourite racing driver..   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunbury-on-Thames, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McLaren Technology Group (Sunbury-on-Thames, England (UK)).

Interview

Very bad recruitment process. After numerous phonecalls, one of which was scheduled and forgotten with a very casual email apology, finally went in for an interview and was told they'd get back to me within a week. I was never contacted.

Advisor Interview

Interview

Applied for the position online through their careers site. 1 month on and no acknowledgement or response to my application. Really disappointing as very time consuming to complete an application through the site. I expected more from the recruitment team.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at McLaren Technology Group (Woking, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Asked what I knew about the company, why I applied there and also went to a more technical set of questions later on. The technical bit was difficult to answer as they presented some drawings and asked questions on it which required quite some intellectual thinking

Interview Questions

• Where I'd like to work on why   1 Answer

Applications Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McLaren Technology Group.

Interview

Very short phone call with a simple question do describe my experience.
    Face to face interview in the amazing office premisses. The interview was more a long conversation than a typical question/answer, leading to a generic discussion about experience, work done in the past, wondering about the profile and the job description.
    For the position, a heavily Consulting profile was chosen against wide hands-on-job experience.
    It was a great experience to meat McLaren people despite they have not heard about Glassdoor less flattering reviews.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What are your goals?
      Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McLaren Technology Group (Woking, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

First Stage Telephone Interview. HR at Mclaren Applied Technology have been ignoring phonecalls and letters requesting feedback following the interview. Generic feedback template received a month after the interview. Usually other firms provide feedback to interviews no more then 2 weeks following an interview. I felt my letters and phone calls have been ignored. Very disappointing. Email received a month later not addressing my letters and phone calls. "After careful consideration we have decided not to take your application further at this stage. There are other candidates who have more relevant experience at this time" Do not expect a personal feedback. HR calls with excuses of the system being down and telling me they thought they sent me an email and denying I called to receive feedback. This is not something I expected from Mclaren

Interview Questions

• Many questions based on team working and working on a new system. Not many focused on Competency or about getting to know you on a personal level.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McLaren Technology Group (Woking, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

1-1 with a director. Testing, technical questions. Little about strengths/personality, needed to portray that though the work you have previously completed. Some questions about cars but in depth knowledge was not required.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose to manufacture this component in a particular way.   Answer Question

Operations Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McLaren Technology Group (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2015.

Interview

The McLaren Applied Technology is newly established in Singapore and going to be expanded fast. So far they are doing technology partnership with other big technology company in Healthcare, Energy and transport.
    This role is quite heavy on programming and require some in-depth knowledge on operational research optimisation and simulation.
    I applied through university portal and got response from them very fast (within one day).
    The appointment was made to meet Head of Analytics the next day. After two weeks, there's one more round of peer interview from Head of Development.

Interview Questions

• Some standard questions: walk me through your background, why McLaren, what do you know about this role, what do you think you can contribute our team, what OR techniques have you learnt?   Answer Question