McMaster-Carr Design and Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McMaster-Carr Design and Development Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at McMaster-Carr

2.8

Design and Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McMaster-Carr.

Interview

The phone interview started with an overview of what the company does after which you're prompted as to whether you'd like to continue or not. The interview was relaxed, just a standard phone interview where they asked broad questions about your background and why you wanted to work at the company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McMaster-Carr

Design and Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McMaster-Carr.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, who supposedly found my resume through my college career website. We spoke over the phone and she described two programs, the management trainee and the development and design program, and said I should consider the development program. I told her I was interested, and we went right into a 15 minute fit interview.

I was contacted about a week later saying they wouldn't be moving forward with my application.

Very weird process... they must have a boatload of recruiters poaching any sort of talent and conducting mass interviews. I don't know anything about the company and was surprised by the initial email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about this experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McMaster-Carr (Elmhurst, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

Really long process -- had two phone interviews and took all day on site.
    They walked me through the facility and asked me questions about different aspects of MMC and why I think things are the way they are. They do seem to really love themselves, overall a little strange but probably for the better?

Interview Questions

• "Do you have a preference for where you work after graduation?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McMaster-Carr (Chicago, IL) in January 2019.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me via email about my resume on Handshake. I had a 30 minute phone interview that explained the positions available and asked a little about me. Then was flown out to Chicago for an on site interview. Received an offer the next week.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick your university?
      Can you think of why we would keep larger items in the warehouse even though we typically operate at a loss when storing and selling those items?
      Two case studies - both looking at your thought process and how you work through problems. Really interested in what your hypotheses are and the questions you would ask.   Answer Question