McMaster-Carr Warehouse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 14, 2017

2.9

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at McMaster-Carr (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Its a five hour interview. No seriously, you're there all day. Different layers of management shuffle in and out asking the same questions. Trust me, you dont want to work there. Trust your gut. Trust these awful reviews.

Interview Questions

• You ok with never getting promoted?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at McMaster-Carr (Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

It was really easy. Arrived about 30 min early to park and find your way through construction. The two ladies that were hiring were very nice. Always bring extra resumes. You will walk the warehouse or building you are applying to so wear comfortable shoes. They get back to you fairly soon.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn most from college   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McMaster-Carr (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

They found my resume on Career Builder and contacted me via email. After a brief phone interview/screening I was scheduled for an in-person interview at the job location. I was then taken on a tour of the warehouse and operations and the HR rep explained the every day duties and activities. It was more about showing me what the job is really like. Personally I did not like the idea of having to be on my feet all day with these types of tasks. I did not get an offer but probably would have declined even if I did. It's a great company but just not the fit for me at this time.

Interview Questions

• Can you see yourself working here with this type of job?   1 Answer
    • Past work experience and education   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McMaster-Carr (Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed 1st on the phone. I got an appointment for onsite interview before I got off the phone. My interviewed with 2 individuals and got a tour of the plant. All talks/feedback was positive and thought for sure I was in.. I got an email 5 days later saying that I was not picked for the position. Good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• All based on job experience and how I dealt with problems.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McMaster-Carr (Santa Fe Springs, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I met with one person who wanted to know what I knew of the company & what I knew about the actual job. Next I did a walk through of the warehouse. The last phase was to meet with one more person.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you dealt with an irate customer & how you made their day better   Answer Question
    • Where do I feel I might fit in?   Answer Question

Warehouse Distribution Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McMaster-Carr.

Interview

Phone interview. Applied on the company site. Submitted resume and cover letter. Unfortunately I didn't get to continue the hiring process. Looked to be a great opportunity. They contacted me within 2 days setting up a phone interview. I recommend prepping before hand.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked questions pertaining to background and job experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McMaster-Carr (Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

They found me on monster.com and gave me call. First question was what type of job I was looking for. My answer was a desk job and recruiter said that this position is very much an active job. He said about 12-15 miles walking per day, up to 35 lb of lifting, packing and unpacking, order fulfillment, etc., moving from place to place a lot, quick action and decisions, and other warehouse duties. So a lot of exercise and getting products packed and ready to ship. After that I said that I am not interested and he thanked me for my time.

Not for me.

Warehouse Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McMaster-Carr (Elmhurst, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

Got a call from recruiter, short, to the point. Then in person interview, they'll leave you in the room for a half hour, then you'll see 3-4 people. The less people you see the less chance it is you got the job. You'll start with the senior HR, who will ask you general interview questions, nothing challenging, then if you get to the 4th person it'll be (apparently) an HR intern that will try to 'dazzle' you with what they think are "Out of the Box" questions. This is the most annoying part, as the intern will then reword the same question over again, and then act like you never answered the first one.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when you had a personality clash with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Warehouse Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McMaster-Carr (Elmhurst, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Was called via telephone. Brief telephone interview which described the position and company. Called again within one week and offered to come in for face-to-face interview. Accepted interview. Was interview by two individuals from HR including a tour of warehouse. Called again and offered position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation process.

Warehouse Distribution Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McMaster-Carr in October 2014.

Interview

Sent resume...called later that day for phone interview asked common questions on interviews especially mostly about recent employer. After phone interview i was told about salary and told that they felt like it was a good mutual fit that my resume would be passed on to upper management. I was then sent an email for paper work to fill out. They never called back....