Mckenna Ryan Designs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mckenna Ryan Designs Interview Questions

1.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mckenna Ryan Designs

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mckenna Ryan Designs (Portland, OR).

Interview

Talked on the phone at first. Came in for a formal interview and then a strange informal 2 nd interview over champagne. The first was Very brief and straight forward, albeit a few awkward and personal questions that should have been left out. Arrived early but had to wait an extra 30 mins because the boss was having a meltdown that I could hear across the office.

Second interview was long and celebratory as the boss extended her offer to me over champagne and an audience of future coworkers. I got my first dose of strangeness in conversation choice on the boss' behalf when she brought up her medicl issues right then and there. I didn't know how to respond so thankfully someone changed the subject and asked me about what I will contribute to the team.I was uncomfortable but took the job

Interview Questions

• Do you and your partner go out often, and where do you go?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mckenna Ryan Designs.

Interview

You get a phone call from the office manager. They bring you in and talk with you a week or so after your phone call. The interview is out in the open with people walking by and others interrupting to ask questions about the day etc. Some of the questions are too personal for my taste. I don't think it is appropriate to ask what you do on the weekends and about your extracurricular activities. I know it was just small talk, but it shouldn't be brought up in an interview.

The "second" interview involves a few more people. They take you down to the champagne bar in the building and talk to you about goals, aspirations, and what hey expect from you. Then, over an amazing glass of champagne, you ceremoniously toast to your new employment. Then its just awkward. It's like being inducted into a sorority with older women who haven't ever been in a sorority, let alone college. There is a lot of standing around with nothing to say. You confirm your start date, and you leave.

I'm glad the process is fast, but it is just so strange to me. It's like an elite club that you are auditioning for. Except it is not that elite.

Interview Questions

• It was really simple. There was nothing out of the box. Pretty generic.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation. They asked how much you'd like to make, and then give you about $6 dollars less than that without any discussion whatsoever.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mckenna Ryan Designs (Portland, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

It was really...strange. I've been on a lot of interviews in my lifetime, but this one was the strangest I have ever been on. Everyone could hear us, people were giving a thumbs up when I gave a good answer, and people were walking around and looking around the corner at the "fresh meat." A lot of the questions were extremely inappropriate. I don't want to discuss my private home life at an interview. They don't need to know if I have a significant other. As the main boss walked out to greet me, she required a formal introduction like she was a very important person who deserved fanfare and streamers. It was so awkward. I expected someone a bit more approachable and down to earth. The interview segued into her talking about where she gets her hair done and fishing for compliments on her attire. Very superficial to ask in an interview your personal opinion on her style.

Then, people were interrupting, being loud, and we got completely off track of why I was there. The worst part of all, was when the gossip started. I didn't need to know about so and so's sex life. I didn't need to know about one of the workers cancer struggle and work loss. I didn't need to know about the rival company that stole your ideas.

I don't know why I did it, but I showed up for a second interview down in the champagne room. It was so awkward. A lot of giggling. It was like I was inducted into a special club that hadn't figured out how to be "cool" yet. So awkward.

I was offered the position, but I declined. There was way too much drama for my taste.

Don't talk smack about your current employees to a potential employee. It is sad and deters talented folk like myself from even wanting to be part of your very awkward club.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you went out with friends?   1 Answer

Everything was so superficial. There was gossiping, there was belittling, and it felt just a little bit too much like a stepsisters after school club that looks great from the outside, but unorganized and disintegrating from within.