MeadWestvaco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MeadWestvaco Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2017

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MeadWestvaco (West Lafayette, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

Short and to the point 30 minute interview. Was asked 3 questions primarily behavioural. All the questions were easy. Questions asked were: Why your major? Why your university? Give an example of a time where you had to deal with someone difficult in a team setting. Give an example of a time where you had to resolve conflict.

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MeadWestvaco in September 2015.

Interview

I had an interview at the plant. I was interviewed by one person then passed over to another to be interviewed with them and then was passed over to the second in charge at the plant and had a nice conversation(this part was not a formal interview like the previous two were).

Interview Questions

• Asked about strengths, weaknesses, if I preferred to work in teams or alone and why MWV?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MeadWestvaco.

Interview

Phone interview with HR and manager before the on-site. the on-site was with the financial team and HR. it was very casual, but preparation was necessary. friendly people and it was more conversational than an interview. They all had a handout with the same questions and they took turns asking, mostly behavioral. started by asking me to go over my resume before proceeding to their questions

Interview Questions

• A situation describing how I dealt with issues with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MeadWestvaco (North Charleston, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

My interview process took a while. I started with a phone interview with a recruiter and then followed-up with an interview with a manager a week or so later. A few weeks later I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. During this interview process I had both 1 on 1 interviews and panel interviews with the team I would be working with. A week after I was contacted and offered the job. Background checks and drug testing took a few weeks. Overall the entire process lasted about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you have been bold in your career.   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MeadWestvaco.

Interview

It was a basic sit-down setting in a room. They asked me an array of regular interview questions and my experiences in certain situations. It was a pleasant time and I enjoyed talking to them. I was asked to give examples of certain situations where I had experienced difficulties dealing with co-workers and how I handled it, and questions of the like.

Interview Questions

• They were basic questions that many companies would ask.   Answer Question

Global Supply Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MeadWestvaco (North Charleston, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews and then a two day face to face. The interview questions I felt were very standard, basic questions using the STAR Method format. Be prepared with plenty of examples for a day full of face to face questions.

Interview Questions

• STAR Method - random questions from guide   1 Answer

Negotiation

Disappointed that there was not much negotiation. They claim they gave their best offer upfront, although I was very clear from the beginning on my salary expectations. I hope it improves in the future.

Process Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MeadWestvaco.

Interview

Company requested an interview following a brief discussion during career fair. Interview was the next morning, one on one with employer. Because this was a career fair type event, we were in a huge auditorium with 50 plus other companies also conducting interviews, so it was somewhat noisy and distracting.

Interview Questions

• Very typical questions, strengths, weaknesses, recall times where you had to get creative to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MeadWestvaco in February 2015.

Interview

I was offered an interview upon meeting recruiters at a career fair. The interview was scheduled for the very next day. The recruiters was very friendly and not intimidating. They asked me questions about specific things on my resume. They did have a series of behavioral questions at the end which were not all that bad.

Interview Questions

• Was I willing to relocate?
      Would I prefer a "hard-hat" or "office" job?
      Questions about leadership skills and teamwork.
      Answer Question

Leadership Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MeadWestvaco.

Interview

They usually hire only at a 3-4 B-Schools. Three rounds. The first is on campus, one or two 30 mins behavioral plus tell me about yourself sort of questions. The second round consisted of 3-4 interviews at the office, 1 hour each, including an interview with a psychologist. In addition to that had to go through a team exercise with other candidates.

Engineering Interview

Interview

I was given a call from the HR department and set up a time for a phone interview. Within a week from completing the phone interview I was offered an intern position over the summer.

Interview Questions

• probably the most difficult question was to give a time I was left on my own to handle a situation without any supervision. Not a difficult question to answer if you have some experience to show for.   Answer Question