Mecklenburg EMS Agency - Medic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mecklenburg EMS Agency - Medic

Paramedic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mecklenburg EMS Agency - Medic (Charlotte, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

-FISDAP exam on site/online/recently (within 6 months) PASS/FAIL. Hard stop if you don't pass.
    - Physical exam of about 10 stations including a 2 min cycle of CPR. Bring a change of clothes and shoes for this portion
    -Medical station is NOT scenario based, but will ask you questions that will really test your knowledge beyond basic comprehension
    -Trauma skills station. Don't just verbalize, go to do everything unless stopped. You will have 2 trained assistants on scene.
    - Interview. 30 minute interview, they have a list of questions to get through, and if you don't get to it, you don't get to it. So answer the questions, but don't ramble on.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you have previous experience, make sure you can substantiate it. Pay offered is adjusted based on experience. Although experience isn't very recognized. Less than 2 dollars more an hour for 6 years experience.

EMT-Basic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mecklenburg EMS Agency - Medic (Charlotte, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

I attended a hiring event, which included a simple physical test, an oral medical knowledge assessment, a formal job interview, an emergency scenario (traumatic injury or medical emergency), and a multiple choice exam. The interview itself was relatively easy, as were the physical test and oral medical assessment; however, the multiple choice exam was fairly difficult. Medic hosts these hiring events several times a year. There were maybe 30 or so applicants in my hiring event (paramedics and EMTs both)--about 10% of the applicants score well enough to continue on in the process. The next step is the academy, which is held 2-4 times a year. The academy is an approximately 6 week long training period that includes coursework and assessments that, if certain scores are not met, could mean losing employment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced an obstacle and had to overcome it.   Answer Question

Paramedic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mecklenburg EMS Agency - Medic (Charlotte, NC) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview involved skills testing stations and was an all day process followed by group panel and individual meetings with key members involved in the interview process. While most of the skills stations were the expected skills some of them were variations that added a unique and interesting challenge such as low light situations when evaluating the patient for injuries and the inclusion of unruly or difficult patients that did not want to be treated.