MedAssets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MedAssets Interview Questions

2.6

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MedAssets (Plano, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Received a phone call with recruiting which gave a brief overview of the position. Scheduled an interview within 2 days. Interviewed with two employees (managers and analysts), then switched off with another two employees. Took a timed assessment test with basic math problems.

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MedAssets (Addison, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Started with a face-to-face interview with four managers. Did not have a phone screening interview. Very comfortable and laid-back. They asked very simple questions about my experience and education. Had to take a math skills assessment after the face-to-face interview which was pretty simple. Heard back after several weeks with an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MedAssets (Plano, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I interviewed at Plano, TX. It took almost a month for the recruiter to contact me. He asked basic questions over the phone. Scheduled a face to face interview within a week. Met with two interviewers, both females. One of them had a bunch of interview questions written and was basically reading through it. All generic questions. There was also a basic math assessment test. It's been nearly one week since the interview and I haven't heard back from them. I even wrote an email to the recruiter, but no reply. I wonder if they email you if they chose to go with other candidates. At least a courtesy email saying they have selected other candidate. Well, I am still hoping to hear from them. Good luck if your are applying for the position!

Interview Questions

• 1. Strengths and weakness?
      2. Tell us a time where you went Above and beyond your job duties?
      3. Do you like working in a team?
      4. How good are you with numbers?
      5. Where do you want to be in another 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MedAssets (Plano, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee. I interviewed at Plano, TX after a phone interview with a recruiter from GA. The recruiter was very nice and emailed me the same day I applied to set up a phone interview, I was out of town for the holidays and had to push the phone interview back about a week until I returned; he was very accommodating to my schedule. He asked basic questions over the phone about pervious work experience and education history. He told me about the company and a little bit more about the position, but could not answer detailed questions like work schedule and work life balance. He scheduled a face to face interview the following week. The receptionist at the Plano office was a bit abrasive and asked for a lot of information I was not provided, but once upstairs, I met with two interviewers, both females. One of them had a script of interview questions written and basically read through them, there was also a math and logic assessment test. Both of the hiring managers were very friendly and the recruiter called me the next day to make me an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MedAssets (Plano, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed in a private conference room by two interviewers. They asked several interview questions to try to get to know me and to see how I would respond. Afterwards, there was a brain teaser assessment test, which tests your basic math knowledge and problem-solving skills. Fairly straightforward. Overall, good experience.

Interview Questions

• Besides what is on your resume, tell us a little bit more about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you worked on something with a deadline and how did you manage to do it?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MedAssets.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. Phone interview about 30 minutes with basic background and experience questions. Asked salary expectations in first call. Second phone interview with hiring manager lasted about 45 minutes. Specific questions relating to job duties/knowledge and a few situational questions. Then 5 in person interviews (all back to back and one on one). Did a very short case study in one. All fairly standard questions and laid back process.

Interview Questions

• Surprise case study. Not difficult but wasn't expecting it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is possible but a little tough. Be prepared to give specific and compelling reasons why you are negotiating.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at MedAssets (Plano, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Lots and lots of people. Sat in a room for hours being interviewed by multiple people who all had various titles. Be prepared for an excel test. You must know pivot tables and basic formulas or it will all be downhill from the skills test.

Interview Questions

• How many cars are in the parking lot?   1 Answer

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at MedAssets in January 2011.

Interview

Go through the staffing agency you interview with them first. Then you interview with manager of dept. They call you if they like what they heard. If experience matches they will pick you.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MedAssets (Plano, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

The initial contact was by a company recruiter that was for a different job that was filled while we were corresponding. I was setup to interview with the Department Manager who was in-tune on daily operations of the his team and how their job fit into the overall company process. He made a relaxed yet professional atmosphere and I felt as the interview progressed he was taking a mental image of how my talents would fit into his plan. He was able to answer most of my questions about company short term and long term goals. He was enthusiastic about the company and genuine concern for what was best.

Interview Questions

• I really didn't find any difficult or unexpected questions he stayed with the status quo for interview questions which I had prepared for thanks to the Recruiter sending me company profile and benefits packages.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MedAssets (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Before 2008 the hiring process consisted on an short interview and a skill test creating a small .net application retrieving some data from a database and filtering the data to display it on a webpage.

Not sure how is it done today but based on the quality of people coming to my division I think they don't do that anymore; the development quality is horrible and people come and go very often.