MedAssets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MedAssets Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.6

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MedAssets.

Interview

The interview process was great. Great people, great company. Compared to other similar GPOs, they seem to run a much better ship. I have met with them at several industry trade shows such as ACE or IDN Summits. They are well organized. The team seems to work well together. I was able to speak with many different people on the team and if that culture is right for you, then it is very consistent.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience negotiating contracts with clients similar to MedAsset's clients.   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MedAssets (Alpharetta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and was very supportive until the post interview phone call. Said he would get back to me. Haven't heard from him since.

One of the senior recruiters did contact me and tell me that the interview questions will depend on the mood that ... is in. We never know his mood, so be aware that there may be some unusual questions.

Initial phone interview was conducted by someone that was to be my peer. Things seemed to go OK with some really off the wall OS questions that had nothing to do with the job description requirements until it became my turn to ask questions. My interviewer seemed very taken aback that I had researched him and his back ground. His qualifications did not meet the minimum qualifications for the job he was interviewing me for. His focus seemed to be on impressing me as opposed to interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience level with server 2003 and more importantly, how is it different from 2008r2?   1 Answer
    • Keep in mind that this interview was for a Windows System Administrator.

Question: In Linux, specifically CentOS, how do you configure the network settings from the BASH Shell?   1 Answer

Transaction Analyst Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MedAssets (Plano, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Good interview, the questions asked were geared to the job and my questions were answered professionally. I had a panel interview and it was very engaging and was given the opportunity to fully share my work experience and background.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MedAssets (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Goes smooth because I have taken the online test already. Nothing but introduce my self and the hiring manager will introduce the company to me. Also ask me how I am comfortable with running Agile project management and how R&D and QA works at my former company.

Interview Questions

• Able to build web application, become the lead of web application   1 Answer

Data Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saddle River, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MedAssets (Saddle River, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted through a recruiter, who scheduled the interview and sent me the details. The interviewers were easy to get along with and the questions were simple enough, and gave my recruiter good feedback later on, but wouldn't give out their own contact information right after the interview. I didn't receive any follow up.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with coding? How do you organize your time and prioritize? How would you go about presenting bad news to a client? Where do you see yourself in the future?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MedAssets (Plano, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed in a private conference room by two interviewers. They asked several interview questions to try to get to know me and to see how I would respond. Afterwards, there was a brain teaser assessment test, which tests your basic math knowledge and problem-solving skills. Fairly straightforward. Overall, good experience.

Interview Questions

• Besides what is on your resume, tell us a little bit more about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you worked on something with a deadline and how did you manage to do it?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Senior Contracts Administrator Interview

Interview

Was not selected for an interview. Management was aware of my interest, however prior to signing the approval form in order to post for an internal position, I was approached with negativity and resentment. Once I submitted the appropriate documents, nothing was ever addressed, and the position was filled.
    There were an additional 3 Senior Negotiator positions that became available, but I was never considered.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MedAssets (Alpharetta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter
    Phone interview with Manager
    Face to face interview with team

Interview process was quick and smooth. Recruiter was very hands on throughout. Had to reschedule the second interview, she was very thorough and quick to follow up.

Manager was interested in getting to know career and personal goals and passions. Upfront about expectations. Very positive experience based on her knowledge and enthusiasm for HR and the company.

Had open dialogue with the team about the Medasset organization. Everyone was very helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MedAssets (Plano, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I interviewed at Plano, TX. It took almost a month for the recruiter to contact me. He asked basic questions over the phone. Scheduled a face to face interview within a week. Met with two interviewers, both females. One of them had a bunch of interview questions written and was basically reading through it. All generic questions. There was also a basic math assessment test. It's been nearly one week since the interview and I haven't heard back from them. I even wrote an email to the recruiter, but no reply. I wonder if they email you if they chose to go with other candidates. At least a courtesy email saying they have selected other candidate. Well, I am still hoping to hear from them. Good luck if your are applying for the position!

Interview Questions

• 1. Strengths and weakness?
      2. Tell us a time where you went Above and beyond your job duties?
      3. Do you like working in a team?
      4. How good are you with numbers?
      5. Where do you want to be in another 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MedAssets (Plano, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee. I interviewed at Plano, TX after a phone interview with a recruiter from GA. The recruiter was very nice and emailed me the same day I applied to set up a phone interview, I was out of town for the holidays and had to push the phone interview back about a week until I returned; he was very accommodating to my schedule. He asked basic questions over the phone about pervious work experience and education history. He told me about the company and a little bit more about the position, but could not answer detailed questions like work schedule and work life balance. He scheduled a face to face interview the following week. The receptionist at the Plano office was a bit abrasive and asked for a lot of information I was not provided, but once upstairs, I met with two interviewers, both females. One of them had a script of interview questions written and basically read through them, there was also a math and logic assessment test. Both of the hiring managers were very friendly and the recruiter called me the next day to make me an offer.