MedImmune Interview Questions in Gaithersburg, MD | Glassdoor

2.8

55 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was surprisingly pleasent. Most of the interview questions pertained to my research background or were typical behavioral questions. There wasn't any hardcore grilling on technical questions, but I suspect this varies depending upon who is interviewing you.

No formal presentation was required which I thought was a bit unusual.

Pilot Production Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and recieved a call back within a little over ten days. The phone interview was simple. The recruiter worked directly for AstraZeneca's human resources. She asked for my work/ experience background. About one week after my phone interview, I recieved an in-person interview with several potential co-workers and different shift supervisors.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

Not bad, a panel of 2 people phoned me and asked me quesitons about my resume and what experiences I had. Overall wasn't that hard, just answer the questions casually.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a challenge and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had an HR interview within 1 month. Then, I had an interview with hiring manager. It was a really technical interview (30 minutes). After 2 weeks, I was invited for onsite interview. It was full day interview (each 30 minute). I met with the whole team and upper management people. Finally, I presented my research as well. I had a lab tour as well. It took them almost 2 month to decide the final decision.

Associate Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

I enjoyed the process-- It was well organized, structured entire-day event. I went through HR phone screen, phone interview with hiring manager, and then on-site interview in that order. I met with a mixture of people, ranging from junior scientists, to senior and principal level scientists, to vice president of the group and had to give a 45-min presentation on my research work. I am coming in directly from graduate school (PhD), with no postdoc, therefore I am not necessarily a good fit for the Scientist I position (which requires a postdoc). The position I applied for, was very relevant to my field of work, therefore I felt very comfortable talking about it. I didn't want to do an academic postdoc, and therefore this is a good way to get a foot into the door, if the goal is to move into the pharmaceutical industry. People were friendly, engaging, supportive and easy to talk to and accessible. I had a positive vibe after the day and saw myself working with the team.

Interview Questions

• What are your accomplishments, what work did you do, day to day activities, relationship with mentor? How did you manage to solve a research problem (troubleshooting)? If there was a conflict with someone you worked with, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate modestly-- I am new to this process, therefore I didn't want to seem too aggressive. But they offered me the salary range I wanted after one round of negotiation, and I was very satisfied.

Principal Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

First there was the very general interview with HR - they just asked about my general capabilities and went over my resume. My information was subsequently sent to the hiring manager, and I had a second phone interview. They then followed this with a request for an onsite interview, where I met the whole team and found out what I liked/didn't like. I gave a 30 minute "job talk," first thing in the morning, then spent the whole day talking with the team. Still waiting to hear if I will get an offer or not.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

I first got an interview with an HR person whose role was to probably 1) ensure the applicant is not a complete disaster and 2) What they say broadly matches what's in their resume. I was then invited for a second phone interview, and now I have been invited to an on-site interview, which will include a typical job talk (about 30 minutes). I'm still waiting for that, so I haven't gotten to the "offer stage"

Interview Questions

• How do you define integrity? What do you consider your strongest quality?   2 Answers

Research and Development Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews. The first was with the hiring manager and she asked me about my CV. The next was with an HR person - was not a scientist. Just asked about my CV and what I could offer to the position. The whole process was kind of backwards - I got an onsite interview even before the HR phone interview.

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD).

Interview

There was a phone interview at first. I waited a month before they called me to come in for the face-to-face interview. They paid for my transportation and hotel stay for the night. The interview was with 14 different people. Some were one-on-one interviews, others were little groups of 2-3 people. There were different levels of people I met with from senior level directors, to people that had no prior work experience .

Interview Questions

• Describe your background and how it relates to this position.   1 Answer

R&D Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

6 hour interview consisting of several 30 minute meetings with all levels of employees. Began with hiring manager and then the division director. The heads of related teams were interviewers as well followed by a less formal meeting with team members during a 1 hour lunch break. A couple more meetings with interviewers then a wrap up with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your management style?
      How do you deal with conflicting demands?
      Some interviewers focused on line by line questions about my resume, some were much more higher level.   Answer Question