MedImmune Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 15, 2017

2.8

Associate Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

I enjoyed the process-- It was well organized, structured entire-day event. I went through HR phone screen, phone interview with hiring manager, and then on-site interview in that order. I met with a mixture of people, ranging from junior scientists, to senior and principal level scientists, to vice president of the group and had to give a 45-min presentation on my research work. I am coming in directly from graduate school (PhD), with no postdoc, therefore I am not necessarily a good fit for the Scientist I position (which requires a postdoc). The position I applied for, was very relevant to my field of work, therefore I felt very comfortable talking about it. I didn't want to do an academic postdoc, and therefore this is a good way to get a foot into the door, if the goal is to move into the pharmaceutical industry. People were friendly, engaging, supportive and easy to talk to and accessible. I had a positive vibe after the day and saw myself working with the team.

Interview Questions

• What are your accomplishments, what work did you do, day to day activities, relationship with mentor? How did you manage to solve a research problem (troubleshooting)? If there was a conflict with someone you worked with, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate modestly-- I am new to this process, therefore I didn't want to seem too aggressive. But they offered me the salary range I wanted after one round of negotiation, and I was very satisfied.

QA Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MedImmune (Frederick, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

Received the email from HR to schedule phone screen after 2days applied online. Still waiting for the next step if will have a chance to have phone interview with hire manager. Phone screen is standard background check with 4 behaviors questions.

Quality Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MedImmune (Boulder, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

Two phone call interviews and one in person interview with four sets of groups. Within those groups there was four people interviewing at a time. Typically asked about past experience and why you would want to work for MedImmune. Also met with the head of HR and another person in HR mostly to talk about the company and how you can fit in

Quality Control Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MedImmune (Boulder, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

Simple phone interview. Consisted of checking application information I had provided like start date, graduation date, GPA, salary expectations. Then was asked two questions from the HR hiring manager. Was told I would hear back in approximately 2 weeks. Was not asked if I had any questions for them.

Principal Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

First there was the very general interview with HR - they just asked about my general capabilities and went over my resume. My information was subsequently sent to the hiring manager, and I had a second phone interview. They then followed this with a request for an onsite interview, where I met the whole team and found out what I liked/didn't like. I gave a 30 minute "job talk," first thing in the morning, then spent the whole day talking with the team. Still waiting to hear if I will get an offer or not.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

I first got an interview with an HR person whose role was to probably 1) ensure the applicant is not a complete disaster and 2) What they say broadly matches what's in their resume. I was then invited for a second phone interview, and now I have been invited to an on-site interview, which will include a typical job talk (about 30 minutes). I'm still waiting for that, so I haven't gotten to the "offer stage"

Interview Questions

• How do you define integrity? What do you consider your strongest quality?   2 Answers

Pilot Production Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MedImmune (Baltimore, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

After submitting an online application, I was sent an email asking to schedule a phone interview. They also called to set up the phone interview prior to my email response - very prompt. The phone interview took about a half hour. I got the impression that this initial phone screening process was contracted out, so the person with whom I was speaking did not directly work for MedImmune. She was courteous, the questions were fairly straightforward. Primary downside was not having my application advanced further for a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you define the term 'integrity'?
      Are you willing to travel?
      Describe your experience with aseptic technique.
      Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MedImmune.

Interview

The interview was a typical day.

For a company that will question "what integrity means to you", Medimmune has very little to NONE.

Just know that this company, while the largest biotech employer in the DC area, is plagued with alot of nepotism and a lot of croneyism in their hiring practice. The culture is very "political", so if you accept a job offer, pick your friends wisely after you begin.

The core values seem misaligned with the current culture.

Research and Development Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews. The first was with the hiring manager and she asked me about my CV. The next was with an HR person - was not a scientist. Just asked about my CV and what I could offer to the position. The whole process was kind of backwards - I got an onsite interview even before the HR phone interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MedImmune.

Interview

First Interview: HR Interview
    Second Interview: Technical Interview
    Third Interview: Welcome Interview

Just pretty standard interviewing procedure, HR interview goes over soft skills and resume. Usually occurs within 2-3 weeks of application being submitted.

Technical Interview asks basic lab questions to gauge understanding of Biopharma. Nothing too tough. usually occurs 2-3 weeks after HR Interview

Welcome Interview usually occurs within 1-2 weeks after technical interview. Offer letter sent after quick meeting with direct supervisor.