MedImmune Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MedImmune Interview Questions

Updated Nov 19, 2017

2.7

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MedImmune.

Interview

Odd (and off-putting) initial screening process. Received an automated email to pick times to schedule a call. No clear way to really reach out to them to see if there was alternates as I was traveling that time, so had to make arrangements for the call while I was literally on the other side of the world.

The interviewer asked me to go over my resume (she was missing a page of it) and then she asked some questions - almost sounding as if she was just reading a checklist. I had already answered half of them when I reviewed my background. The most disappointing part was when we were concluding and she asked if I had any questions. I had a few very basic questions about the position. After asking two of them and getting a very abrupt, "Let me look. I don't know." answer, I decided to not even bother with the third. It was clear the interviewer had no idea what this position was or did. She was just going down her call script.

Considering this initial contact with the company and the apparent lack of engagement from the person I spoke with and the position, I wasn't even disappointed that I never heard back. (the position still shows as in-progress)

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MedImmune.

Interview

Applied through the AZ/MedImmune website. Within a couple a days, got on a brief phone interview with the HR (Just talked about my resume and talked about what integrity meant to me). After that I got a phone interview with the hiring manager (more technical) and then the final onsite interview (they just wanted to get to know me in person).

Reimbursement Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MedImmune in August 2017.

Interview

1st phone call screened by HR. 2nd call with team member. 3rd call with colleague of hiring manager. 4th call with hiring manager. Was referred by two employees. Disappointed that the hiring manager didn't have the courtesy to let me know personally that they went another direction. One of the employees works directly for the hiring manager. It shows disrespect to that employee not to personally let me know they didn't want to pursue me.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MedImmune in June 2017.

Interview

I'm only in the early stages but it looks like the phone interview is conducted by ADP, not Medimmune. Also the interviewer would not provide an email address for me to send a follow up thank you note. Hopefully I'll move into the next phase of the process.

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was surprisingly pleasent. Most of the interview questions pertained to my research background or were typical behavioral questions. There wasn't any hardcore grilling on technical questions, but I suspect this varies depending upon who is interviewing you.

No formal presentation was required which I thought was a bit unusual.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MedImmune in June 2017.

Interview

Interview was initial phone screen with HR person. It was very fast and HR person mainly asked about education, previous experience, salary expectation and HR question. Overall it was easy.

Pilot Production Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and recieved a call back within a little over ten days. The phone interview was simple. The recruiter worked directly for AstraZeneca's human resources. She asked for my work/ experience background. About one week after my phone interview, I recieved an in-person interview with several potential co-workers and different shift supervisors.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MedImmune (Charlottesville, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a phone call with an HR rep followed by a technical interview via Skype with a higher level scientist. Technical interview focused on my past research experience. I was asked in depth questions about the scientific concepts used in the research.

Material Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MedImmune.

Interview

The phone interview was scheduled for the early morning - the interviewer called 10 min LATE. The interviewer asked if I was familiar with "sap", I ask him "do you mean S.A.P?" he told me it just sap here. There were no questions asked about my experience in inventory or warehouse/material handling. I don't feel that I got the respect as an applicant, and he was just there to ask questions. Very cold.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

Not bad, a panel of 2 people phoned me and asked me quesitons about my resume and what experiences I had. Overall wasn't that hard, just answer the questions casually.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a challenge and how you overcame it?   Answer Question