MedImmune Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

2.8

Pilot Production Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and recieved a call back within a little over ten days. The phone interview was simple. The recruiter worked directly for AstraZeneca's human resources. She asked for my work/ experience background. About one week after my phone interview, I recieved an in-person interview with several potential co-workers and different shift supervisors.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

Not bad, a panel of 2 people phoned me and asked me quesitons about my resume and what experiences I had. Overall wasn't that hard, just answer the questions casually.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a challenge and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had an HR interview within 1 month. Then, I had an interview with hiring manager. It was a really technical interview (30 minutes). After 2 weeks, I was invited for onsite interview. It was full day interview (each 30 minute). I met with the whole team and upper management people. Finally, I presented my research as well. I had a lab tour as well. It took them almost 2 month to decide the final decision.

Associate Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

I enjoyed the process-- It was well organized, structured entire-day event. I went through HR phone screen, phone interview with hiring manager, and then on-site interview in that order. I met with a mixture of people, ranging from junior scientists, to senior and principal level scientists, to vice president of the group and had to give a 45-min presentation on my research work. I am coming in directly from graduate school (PhD), with no postdoc, therefore I am not necessarily a good fit for the Scientist I position (which requires a postdoc). The position I applied for, was very relevant to my field of work, therefore I felt very comfortable talking about it. I didn't want to do an academic postdoc, and therefore this is a good way to get a foot into the door, if the goal is to move into the pharmaceutical industry. People were friendly, engaging, supportive and easy to talk to and accessible. I had a positive vibe after the day and saw myself working with the team.

Interview Questions

• What are your accomplishments, what work did you do, day to day activities, relationship with mentor? How did you manage to solve a research problem (troubleshooting)? If there was a conflict with someone you worked with, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate modestly-- I am new to this process, therefore I didn't want to seem too aggressive. But they offered me the salary range I wanted after one round of negotiation, and I was very satisfied.

QA Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MedImmune (Frederick, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

Received the email from HR to schedule phone screen after 2days applied online. Still waiting for the next step if will have a chance to have phone interview with hire manager. Phone screen is standard background check with 4 behaviors questions.

Principal Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

First there was the very general interview with HR - they just asked about my general capabilities and went over my resume. My information was subsequently sent to the hiring manager, and I had a second phone interview. They then followed this with a request for an onsite interview, where I met the whole team and found out what I liked/didn't like. I gave a 30 minute "job talk," first thing in the morning, then spent the whole day talking with the team. Still waiting to hear if I will get an offer or not.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

I first got an interview with an HR person whose role was to probably 1) ensure the applicant is not a complete disaster and 2) What they say broadly matches what's in their resume. I was then invited for a second phone interview, and now I have been invited to an on-site interview, which will include a typical job talk (about 30 minutes). I'm still waiting for that, so I haven't gotten to the "offer stage"

Interview Questions

• How do you define integrity? What do you consider your strongest quality?   2 Answers

Research and Development Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews. The first was with the hiring manager and she asked me about my CV. The next was with an HR person - was not a scientist. Just asked about my CV and what I could offer to the position. The whole process was kind of backwards - I got an onsite interview even before the HR phone interview.

Quality Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MedImmune (Frederick, MD).

Interview

The initial interview process was for an entry level job; The interview was fairly easy; Just need to show that you have youthful energy to learn and ability to be part of a team and that you have intentions of staying for at least 2 years. Typically 1-2hrs with about 2-6 interviewers asking you questions. Tip: Keep the conversation going with questions of your own. It conveys interest in the job

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MedImmune (Bethesda, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone conversation with hiring manager followed by 2 days of on site interviews. Part of the interviews included a scientific lecture to senior and mid level staff. Hiring manager was fantastic, but HR seemed flustered at times. Questions and requests to HR had to be bumped up the chain which slowed things down and also gave a sense of pack of interest in my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• They were generally trying to sell MEDI to me rather than me sell myself to them.   1 Answer
    • What would it take to get you to come to MEDI?   1 Answer

Definitely a company that is aggressively trying to compete in the biologics space, especially immuno-oncology. A large and expanding portfolio of candidate reagents, but many seem derivative of targets being pursued by other players in the field. Perhaps I didn't see far enough behind the curtain to know what they really have up their sleeve, but unlikely any surprises at or near entering the clinic given the current "press release to attract investors" culture rampant in biotech right now. There seemed to be a tremendous amount of staff turn over which was a red flag to me given how generous their compensation packages are relative to competitors. Off line, some did not speak well of the culture at MEDI and its working relations with AZ, but new management may create a better environment. Flat organization structure also seemed unpopular by many in management level positions. Overall, worth looking into and exploring, especially in the coming months/years to see how things evolve.