MedStar Health Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.6

Registered Nurse II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MedStar Health (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

A nurse recruiter called me and set up the interview. My interview was with just the Nurse Manager. The interview was more of a conversation about my current experience and information about the unit (schedule, orientation, etc.). Afterwards, I received a tour of the unit. I also completed shadowing on the day of my interview at night.

Interview Questions

• -What is your philosophy of patient-centered care?
      -In three words, what are you looking for from this job?
      -What will be the biggest challenge of this job?
      Answer Question

Clinical Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MedStar Health (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

This was probably the easiest interview I've ever had. There are very few women in the field and hospitals are very eager to hire and train a female candidate. Regardless, I had the experience and was eager to get in there and put my experience to use. I really enjoyed my coworkers. We all work so good together. That's the thing I miss the most.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would deal with an irate patient/customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated starting salary

Registered Nurse I Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online and received phone call to set up an interview the next day. After two days I had the interview with the manager. The next day I did a couple hours of observation to get a feel for the unit. I was offered the job two days later. They asked the usual interview questions, but it was more like a conversation. Pleasant experience.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MedStar Health (Baltimore, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

Easy conversational interview- overall the questions asked were appropriate and based on experiences.They will ask you about your background to determine why you are a best fit, further more you may be interviewed by the team that you will be working with,

Clinical Data Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MedStar Health (Baltimore, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the supervisor of the clinic, bariatric nurse coordinator, and medical director. It was great. I was introduced to the clinic staff and felt very comfortable from the get go. The team work was impeccable, and everyone had a specific role in patient care. I was excited and accepted right on the spot.

Multi-Function Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MedStar Health (Baltimore, MD) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview process was streamlined and moved quickly after one on one interview with manager. Applied for position, interviewed in person, filled out paperwork and , was registered for orientation within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wan to want here?   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MedStar Health (Baltimore, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

Scheduled a telephonic conference call with HR recruiter.
    Interview was with two managers of department, very straight forward questions regarding how my background fitted with current position and explained their expectations for position.

I was told they will make the decision in 2 weeks, when followed up recruiter mentioned they were in final stages. Never heard back from recruiter if they chose someone or not.
    They wanted reference check before they could interview me, which i felt was irrational.

Interview Questions

• Why should we not contact your current employer for initial screening?   1 Answer

BHS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MedStar Health (Baltimore, MD) in November 2013.

Interview

Fairly typical. No big issues or questions to throw someone off. The interview was rather general in nature. It was not something that I was going to lose sleep over the night before.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MedStar Health (Baltimore, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online on the MedStar website. I received a phone screening a few days later from a HR recruiter. I then interviewed 1:1 with my boss and then was hired within a month. The background check and physical took a few days to get results.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Try to negotiate with HR about salary.

Performance Improvement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MedStar Health (Baltimore, MD) in October 2009.

Interview

One-on-one interview with department head. Then group interview with department head and chief medical officer. Next an interview with entire group with whom I'd be working. (six people). There were technical questions, behavioral questions, limited small talk. Question were geared toward how I might make decisions; if I would defend departmental decisions; willingness to represent the department in physician/leadership forums.

Interview Questions

• What gives you an advantage over all other applicants for this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was limited to a company policy of 10% salary increase ceiling. They were will willing to hear my reasons for asking for the full 10%.