MedStar Washington Hospital Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

Met with HR for interview and general questions and then met with the nurse manager on the unit I had applied to work on. Had more interview questions and clinically focused questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? And other general questions, and then more focused clinical questions related to the unit I wanted to work on.   Answer Question

Creative Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

Met with HR, the VP of Marketing and Public Affairs, Director of Marketing and a writer, over a period of 4 hours. The HR person asked some peculiar questions, obviously from a pre-employment form that they must use for every single applicant, regardless of their role, so some of the questions did not make any sense for the position I was applying for. They also said I was required to bring in "original proof of my highest level of education." I have no idea where my college diploma is and I don't think most people do unless it's framed on the wall of their study.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

Efficient and well organized. Interview with HR and nurse manager took less than two hours. This interview was better organized than most other places I've applied. Clinical questions were difficult but I suppose that is to be expected. Focused on both clinical management as well as more general values / teamwork type questions.

Interview Questions

• Clinical questions about patients you've taken care of.   Answer Question

Patient Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

Interview

I Received a voicemail from a HR nurse, I called back the same day and heard back about a week later to schedule an interview. I had a phone interview with the nurse director and patient care manager. Then HR contacted me a few days later to schedule an in person interview. I interviewed with the HR nurse first, the nurses and nursing assistants interviewed me next, then a panel of patient care managers. Unfortunately for external applicants, they seem to select a lot of internal applicants for this position. After the interview, it took 2 weeks for HR to notify me that I was not selected.

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC).

Interview

Contacted by HR about a month after I applied. Interviewed by HR and the pharmacy department. Very straight forward questions. More of them explaining their operations than asking questions. Contacted about a month after the interview by HR

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where your recommendation wasn't accepted by a physician and how you handled it.   Answer Question

New Graduate Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

Interview

Hiring process was easy, interviewed for a position I was not interested in. The interview panel was friendly and courteous but I wasn't interviewed on time. Appointment was at 1030 I wasn't seen until 11.

Clinical Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center in July 2014.

Interview

Was contacted via email to come in for an interview. Met with a nurse recruiter and she asked me the basic questions (tell me about yourself, why nursing, complex patient, why should we hire you?). Went over the pay structure. Then I met with the department head and had a casual conversation followed by clinical questions. Nurses from the unit were brought in and asked questions.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Interview

I submitted an application and wrote an email to participate in PCT Interview Day advertised on their site, they contacted me a few days later. There were 2 interviews. one with HR dude, one with supervisor of the hiring department. Common questions about what skills made you a good candidate, what your supervisor would describe as areas to work on, how to deal with lazy coworkers and angry patients/family. Seems that the major thing they're looking for is teamwork: you want to emphasize how you manage disagreements with coworkers constructively, how you understand your limits and are willing to help out and be helped. So you should have some examples of that prepared. Very relaxed interviews, HR guy gave me a lot of positive feedback about my answers.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you bathed a senile patient and later on she forgot and started complaining to family that they were not bathed?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied online Dec 2. 2012. Dec 4. 2012, a HR Generalist responded with a email request for an interview. That same day, I sent a specific interview date as requested by the HR. HR sent a confirmation email 5 days later (slow). The HR Generalist who interviewed me looked like she had just woke up.

Interview Questions

• The questions HR ask are the same questions retail stores will ask you. They read the questions off a sheet, and base their hiring decision off of that. "How did you deal with a disgruntled customer" & "How do you work, when you see another coworker doing whatever"   1 Answer

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position some time in March. I was contacted April 7, via email to set up an interview. I immediately emailed back and never received a confirmation. I sent another email and and made a few phone calls, and still nothing...It's now May!! I'm very disappointed in the HR department for this company. If you changed your mind about the interview, put the job on hold or decided to choose another candidate then you should let me know something and not leave me in the dark.