MedStar Washington Hospital Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MedStar Washington Hospital Center Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process is very thorough. Brush up on your clinical research terminologies (what is an IRB? What is a 1572? etc). Be ready to talk about how you manage your time and interact with others or handle stressful situations. Also, for whatever department you're applying to, make sure you understand the anatomy or bodily systems involved with that area of the body or disease group.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time?   1 Answer

Creative Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

Met with HR, the VP of Marketing and Public Affairs, Director of Marketing and a writer, over a period of 4 hours. The HR person asked some peculiar questions, obviously from a pre-employment form that they must use for every single applicant, regardless of their role, so some of the questions did not make any sense for the position I was applying for. They also said I was required to bring in "original proof of my highest level of education." I have no idea where my college diploma is and I don't think most people do unless it's framed on the wall of their study.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness   1 Answer

New Grad Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application later october and got a response in about 3 weeks. Asking to state my unit of choice, where i did my final semester preceptorship, GPA. After that, they sent me a questionnaire ... then confirmed my interview. I first interviewed with HR and then with Unit manager. Asked similar questions. not too difficult. I suggest you practice basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Why Did you choose this hospital? What do you need to work out in the workplace? what is your best asset you can bring to this position? What do you need to best succeed in this position? Why should we hire you? A patient comes in with low B/P and fast heart rate a week after abdomen surgery, what do you think is wrong? What tests would you do? what drugs would you give? Tell me a time you had to provide excellent customer service, and what was the result? A patient has weakness all day, and is not aphasic, what do you think is wrong with them? what heart rhythm would you expect them to be in due to this condition?   Answer Question

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview with human resource nurse. Then interviewed with the unit director. Had to ask to see unit after interview. Floor had heavy patient load and high turnover of nurses.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation when you had conflict and how you resolved it.   2 Answers

Nurses looked unhappy.

Histotechnologist In Dermatopathology Lab Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for Histotechnologist position in Dermatopathology Lab on Tuesday, July 12, 2016. I received an email from the human resources generalist on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 to schedule an onsite interview. We scheduled 1:1 with the human resources generalist and panel interviews with the director, manager, and doctor on Thursday, July 21, 2016. and had an onsite one on one interview with the human resources. At the same time, I got an email from the manager in Histology Lab at this same hospital. I spoke to her on the phone on Friday, July 22, 2016. I received the notification that I will not me hired due to lack of staff two weeks later. The Histology Lab is not fully staff and unable to train me fully. I thought that this would apply to Histopathology Lab as well. So, I continued on searching for a Histology Lab Assistant, entry level Histology Technician, or Research Associate position. I did not expect to get an email from the Dermatopathology Lab director on Friday morning, August 5, 2016, notifying me that the human resources generalist will contact me during the week. After going crazy with anticipation and anxiety feelings with waiting for the email for the whole weekend. I wasn't sure that I would be recalled for a second onsite interview, get a different job position, or a job offer. Finally, I got an email on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 from human resources general with a job offer for this position with a salary above the expected salary. It was worth the long wait to finally get this position.

Interview Questions

• They asked me bunch of questions such as why do I want to work there and would I be interested in working in the grossing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

Interview

Applied Online, received an email two days later asking for some more info (what unit I was interested in) and to take the nursing career battery, which was immediately followed up by an invitation to interview. They gave me a set of dates they were interviewing new grads, I chose the second soonest date which was about two weeks later on a Friday. I brought my letters of rec and was first interviewed by HR. Then the head unit manager came to HR and walked me to the unit while continuing to interview me. After arriving at the unit the assistant unit manager interviewed me for another 30-45 minutes ending with some clinical scenario questions. I received a phone call Tuesday morning with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you handled a difficult patient.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

Efficient and well organized. Interview with HR and nurse manager took less than two hours. This interview was better organized than most other places I've applied. Clinical questions were difficult but I suppose that is to be expected. Focused on both clinical management as well as more general values / teamwork type questions.

Interview Questions

• Clinical questions about patients you've taken care of.   Answer Question

Patient Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

Interview

I Received a voicemail from a HR nurse, I called back the same day and heard back about a week later to schedule an interview. I had a phone interview with the nurse director and patient care manager. Then HR contacted me a few days later to schedule an in person interview. I interviewed with the HR nurse first, the nurses and nursing assistants interviewed me next, then a panel of patient care managers. Unfortunately for external applicants, they seem to select a lot of internal applicants for this position. After the interview, it took 2 weeks for HR to notify me that I was not selected.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC).

Interview

apply online for RN residency program
    call from HR (took a while to get this call)
    interview with HR and then unit manager
    received a call back within the same day with an offer
    accepted

Interview Questions

• If you have a pt with elevated HR and decreased BP what would you do?   1 Answer

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

I went though a temp agency, they asked me questions about me having experience in cleaning, so it was a brief interview. It took about 3 weeks to start working ,I had to get my paper in then had to wait for my results to come back.

Interview Questions

• You have experience in cleaning?   1 Answer